V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a clue about the new screaming eagle 16 gauge double barrel pipes that they have in the new 2003 catalogue? How do they sound versus the slip on version?

I am thinking about putting them on, but even the guy down at the dealer doesn't know a thing about them.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Unless they are going to remap your chip or install a power commander I can't imagine it will be much louder than the slip-ons. Don't make the mistake of buying them before you hear them -I made that mistake with the slip-ons. :(

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi friends,

you should have a look in the BUB´s forum at www.bubent.com (go to the old forum at the bottom of the page) where you find discussion of some guys having the new double barrels for some weeks now. Sound is to be like a big block and deep, they say. Check out messages of the last 2-3 weeks at the bottom.

Holli

·
Registered
127 Posts
Catsass,

I couldn´t get into bub´s forum for some days now, too. Don´t know what the problem is, will try to mail to bub to find out.

Holli

·
Registered
318 Posts
buy the double barrell pipes,power commander,remove the wrapping around the baffles and you will be very happy.they sound great,fit perfect and look great.you can also wait for the air sensor relocatig kit and use the harley chip or just drill a hole in your air box and extend the wire.i like the pc for its ability to change the settings.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts