V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a part number for the rear Black turn signals used on the VROD. I'd like to use them on my FXSTB. Trying to stay with the blacked out look and get rid of those street lights they call turn signals.... Maybe even if someone has some they took off and are willing to sell? Appreciate any help.
Thanks
FNG

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it the smoked lens kit you're looking for? If so, the # is HD69315-02 and it goes for $37.95 A HD mechanic told me they only fit the V-Rod, although they look to me like they'd fit any of the bullet style turn signals. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello Blkbike. The black rear bullet-style turn signals are not removeable in and of themselves, unless someone dared to cut them off with a saw. They are actually a part of the overall moulded plastic assembly that is affixed to the bottom of the rear fender.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Quicksilver said:

Actually, not true. They're bolted on from the inside of the plastic license plate holder. You have to remove the taillight assembly to get to the nuts and backing plates, but they come off as two seperate assemblies.
Quicksilver is absolutely right. My bad!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info fellas. I thought they were removable with just a bolt under the fender but was not sure and didn't want to go crawling on the floor at the local dealer to look and see. Some folks frown on that sorta thing,LOL. I'll hit the local dealer(Space Coast H-D) for the part# when I get home from this deployment. And I'll probably use the smoked lense kit as well( Thanks-ATLVROD) Its few and far between when your trying to keep adding Black parts to the ride. Thank God for powdercoating...
Later,
:cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.