V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Payed $19995 for 2003 Silver/Black Anniversary Addition w/factory security and siren. Not too bad I think! Anyone get a better deal for the same bike? No wait. Bike was on the showroom floor.

·
Banned
490 Posts
Good News/Bad News

Compared to some prices I've seen paid for V-Rods, you didn't do too badly. Buying in the colder months is usually a good idea to get a better price on any bike. I too just bought mine off the showroom floor. Sometimes you just get lucky, I guess. For what its worth, Jeff Bleustein (Harley's CEO) is still waiting for the V-Rod he ordered earlier this year (or so they tell me).

Of course, you will no doubt have realized by now that the $20,000 you paid for your V-Rod is merely the "down payment" - throw in a windshield, an upgraded seat (you were planning on being able to take the occaisional passenger, weren't you?), and a few chrome "dress up" parts and you are looking at another couple of thousand.

·
Banned
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Funny you should mention that.....I had them tack on quite a few extra chrome items and the gold key package. Came up just shy of 24k. That also doesnt include the $500.00 FXRG Leather jacket I bought. I still need boots, gloves and of course 2 helmets.......

·
Registered
414 Posts
Right now, thru Dec. 31st, Eastside HD in Bellevue, WA has '03's for $17,995 + Tax & lic.
These are in stock, on the floor.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
tbag,
you then need pipes,filter,TFI Box,wheels ,custom paint,bars,ect,ect!
It never end's............
Kaz...:D

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not to get off subject here but I knew a guy that was given a dirt bike, yes, FREE!
Well after a couple of months and about $700 later... It never ends:p

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
tbag809 said:
Funny you should mention that.....I had them tack on quite a few extra chrome items and the gold key package. Came up just shy of 24k.
She aint yours until your aproaching 30K:eek:

Right Kaz?:D

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
ROB,
Thats for sure!Speed/being cool cost money!How fast/cool do you want to be?I Go Real Fast and have the Receipts to Prove it!lol...
Kaz...:eek:

·
Registered
477 Posts
Speed yes, but cool no. You can have lottsa money and toys and still be a dork. Cool is a state of mind, a presence, the way you handle/carry yourself. Money can buy you lottsa things but a poor as$hole is still an as$hole even if he wins the lottery, or daddy bankrolls him.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Master P,
I have to argue that point.I have the Great Misfortune of Dealing with alot of Wealthy A$$holes.I live inVegas!You our right Most of them our Dork's,but seeing them Roll Up in thier new ferrari's with thier Penthouse Centerfold Hoochies?I think with enough money even us "Cool Dudes" our Envious for for a second.I've had it all and lost it a few times . Money may not Buy happiness,but it sure sucks with out it!
I think it's Ego which most of us V-rodder's have Big One's or else we would just ride a Vespa.
Kaz......... ;)

·
Registered
224 Posts
In Oklahohoma City the dealer has an 02 with tag saying $18,500 or best offer. This dealer has other bikes, Fatboy Anniv edition for 19.5.
I do not know what is tacked on at delivery, a used V-Rod in local trader
is $17,500 with 600 miles plus extras.
The 27 thousand dollar prices I saw in Dallas last year have come down
on the V-Rod too.
Lots of bikes at the dealer under 20 grand is encouraging, though.
I hope demand is not slowing down, need to keep the stock price up!

Frank

·
Registered
477 Posts
Saw a new 2003 VROD on the floor at Barnett's in El Paso, TX 2 weeks ago for $24,000 and some change.....lol.

SuperKaz, yeah I'd like to try a new Ferarri Enzo and a penthouse babe......maybe I'll hit the lottery tonight, ha ha. I'd like to work, hang out with some of your "associates". Later my friend.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I paid $19,805 for my 2003 silver/black V-Rod with no options. On a recent trip to the local HD dealer he had four V-rods on the floor. While I was there one was removed (good sign maybe they sold it!) another was a customer bike that was in for a customized paint job. Black flames on metalic silver. Beautiful. Kaz you would be impressed. I hope this guy joins this forum so that he can post a pic.

But to my point. Of the two dealer bikes, all were priced at about $20,700. They were 2003 three base models with some options added, so I guess they are in line with what I paid for mine once you add the cost of the extras.

Pete

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
tbag809 said:
I think I need to sell off some of my other toyz...Anyone wanna buy a boat?....:D :D :D

Well I read yer posts, saw your sig line and thought it would be a great oppertunity to share my Pic with ya. Feel free to use it however you see fit.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
You guys sure got a way with words!

Btw, I paid $17K for my Vrod last March. I put my deposit down in Late September '01 during the peak of hysteria when local dealers were auctioning Vrods off for $10K over list and getting it!. I ended up sinking that $10K into trim and performance accessories.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts