by a couple dealers that the baffles are not removeable
and that I would need to buy the Screaming Eagle pipes
if I want to make it sound better. Anybody got any other
options? Seems to me that there should be something I
could do with the exhisting pipes.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I don't have a V-Rod, but personally I think the Samsons (any of them) look real good.....

Welcome to the Forum:D

Tony:cool:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was at a rally in Tunica Ms. a few weeks ago.. The Samson guys had one set up with long slashers..one thing to say..., Loud....... it sounded great...also seeing a V-rod in the burnout pit was pretty awesome..

·
Registered
6 Posts
check out www.bubent.com i just got these pipes in friday, and they are awesome. It only took about 2 hours to put them. The hard part was getting to stock exhaust off. After that, smooth sailing. The pipes sound great, look great, and weigh about 25 to 30 lbs. lighter than stock. You don't have to do anything to the fuel injection, just bolt them on and go. $475 bucks and worth every single cent. www.bubent.com gotta check it out.

·
Registered
906 Posts
V-Rod Pipe options

If you are looking for the classic sound of a HD forget the Screamin Eagles! I made the mistake of buying them on recommendation without hearing them first. :( Don't waste your money!!!

Here are some links I've found in my search for pipes for the V-Rod:

Samson -has six styles to choose from and they are LOUD!
http://www.samsonusa.com/home.html

Bub Enterprise sells two styles -and you can hear them online
http://www.bubent.com/

Vance & Hines also sells pipes but I haven't found the site yet.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Modifying the exhisting V-Rod pipes

BTW...if you are feeling brave you can modify the pipes you have. I drilled out the baffles in the stock muffs and then had the ECM calibrated.

The results, the bike is much louder than the Screaming Eagles I had on there, but not quite as loud as the Samsons offered for the V-Rod.

Does anyone know if heat shields come with the Samson pipes?

Thanks,

-JJ

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stock Pipe Mod

Could you go into more detail about how you modified your existing
pipes? I've never done something like that before so the more details
the better. And yes... the sampson pipes do have heat shielding... They
blend into the existing shielding that ends right after the front foot pegs.
I got to see the short slashers on one at St.Paul Harley. Very nice...
FYI - The tech that installed them said that the bike dropped to about
102-104 hp after the pipes were installed.

SmokeyB

·
Registered
98 Posts
samsons

i put long slashers on my bike. they looked and fit fine. they wont work with a reflash, you have to use a power commander. i took mine off after one day, i will sell them cheep.

·
Registered
906 Posts
More on the Samson pipes

To regain the lost HP when you install the Samson pipes, they recommend you install a Power Commander and baffles.

Power Commander can be found here:
http://www.directparts.com/cgi-bin/dp.store/EN/catalog/1150

After installation of the pipes, baffles and Power Commander, the chip will have to be re-mapped. Check with your dealer to see if this will void your warranty, dealer responses to this seems to vary. :/
The baffles are a recommendation from Samson, they sell them as well.

As a side note, a tech at the dealership described a way to increase HP by modifying the air scoop. Anyone heard this one yet?

-JJ

·
Registered
98 Posts
samsons

i talked to the samson rep at myrtle beach and found him to be evasive of my questions. when you start putting power commanders and things on a v-rod you open pandoras box. i realized that i dont need anymore power than i have with my modified screaming beagles. since i did the sound modifications i have got compliments on how well it sounds. ive decided that i was going to risk ruining my v-rod to sound cool.
the salesman at samson told me a bunch of bs too. i experimented with different baffles and thats as far as im going out on a limb. my slashers are 4sale cheep.

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Can you guy not hit ' profile' and start 'massage'in? LOL :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts