V-Twin Forum banner

Vrod Oil Leak

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  VROOM 
#1 ·
I purchased a 2003 silver and black VROD back in October, after 200 miles I noticed an oil leak in the rear of the left cam cover. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the gaskets. it seemed to be fine for a while but at 500 miles the leak was back and worse than before. Took it back to the dealer and am now waiting to hear back. I was told that they had several people take in their VRODs for the same problem. Factory defect? If it happens again I'll be asking for a replacement. I can't seem to find the old posts on the subject (or am just too lazy to). So is anyone else out there experiencing the same problem. Hopefully not but please let me know if you are and what you have done or are doing about it. Thanks.

#3 ·
Mine made four trips in and finally ended up with a new cover and I think Harley OKed the use of Yamabond or a sealer like it to stop my rear valve cover from leaking. That was 1200 miles ago and still dry now. Tech said they also told him to sand the chrome off of the bottom of the cover.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.