V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of an after market accessory that will replace the stock license plate holder containing all lights and reflectors with a chrome version?

-Dipper

·
Registered
63 Posts
Last summer at Sturgis a Kuryakyn sales rep said that would be one of the first things they would offer for the v-rod..........havn't seen anything as of yet.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Wait for Daytona Bike Week --Feb 28-Mar 10 and you will see a TON of stuff IF the vendors keep their promises.

Are any of you Florida RODDERS and Bike Week attendees up for a meeting place at Bike Week for a beer or two?? It would be nice to put faces on all of the names.

JUST BRING MONEY--OR A CREDIT CARD !!

Regards V-Rod 1 FL

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
License Plate Holder

Don:

I have seen it and I like the style. 'Not crazy about the brushed stainless steel look though.

I am looking for something chrome plated.

Any suggestions.

-Dipper

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
I talked to the guy at Laser Star & he said just take it somewhere & have it chromed. Wow, why didn't I think of that. I know, it would be nice if they offered it in chrome without having to have the expense of having it done your self. Oh well so for that's all I've seen out there.

DON

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
License Plate Holder

Don:

I ended up purchasing the same holder you have in your picture only Weekend Concepts said they would polish it for me to a chrome like finish for an extra $20.00

Can you tell me how it was to install (as far as wiring and mods)?

Thanks

-Dipper

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
Dipper: I have not purchased it yet. That pic was one I took at the Laser Star booth. It should not be very hard to install. When I last talked to the guy about a month ago, he didn't even know how much they were going to sell them for. What was the cost if you don't mind me asking & are they now available at dealers? Did you also get the signal lights from them? Lets see some pics when you install it.

Don

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
License Plate Holder

Don:

I should have it some time late next week. I did not purchase the turn signals. 'Thought the Micro-Bs were a bit too steep....so was the plate holder assembly at $200 and $20 with the polishing.

But, had to have it since I really don't like the current one.

Once I get it on with the lights, I'll post a pic.

-Dipper

·
Registered
906 Posts
I like the idea of replacing that ugly black plastic...but this alminum replacement just screams cheeze. :eek:

It just looks poorly made...I would imagine chroming would help that though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Hi! Does anyone know if the same tailight is used on the V-ROD and Deuce? They look like the same one. Rick Doss makes an adapter for the Deuce so you remove the stock light and can replace it with a custom 3 hole plate bracket and add your tailight of choice to it.
A photo is in J&P Cycles 2003 catalog on page 213. I'm just thinking of getting rid of that ugly black plastic plate holder and thought this could work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts