V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Love the the VROD since I first laid eyes on it. Serious enough to put a grand down to get in line for one mid to late this summer (my guess that's the cost of buying at MSRP & the first runs are spoken for).

Here's my question: Just gettin' back into motorcycles after a 20+ year haitus. Rode mostly 350-500 cc yamkawsukis in the 70's. Is the VROD too squirrely for a rusty rider?

Figured I'd take it slow & learn to handle it on the backroads first.

Interested in your feedback... keep us posted on what's happening with yours. Enjoy the Ride!

:D

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Welcome aboard, D.

There are folks on the Forum who own & ride the V-Rod now. Some of these riders formerly owned metric and other bikes. They will be a good source of info for you.

And hang-in there till your bike arrives. You'll get the benefits of the experiences others are having before your bike gets here.

By the way, buying at or near msrp, particularly on a high demand bike like a V-Rod, shows some very sound judgement (and a lot of restraint!).

·
Registered
147 Posts
I agree with the rest of the guys. You will have to take it easy during the break in period, and that is a great time to learn about the bike.

It has been 20 years since I drove a bike, but after about an hour on the Vrod, it was if time had stood still for 20 years. Riding along with some friends helped a lot.

One thing that is different - there is a lot more traffic on the road.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
highrider said:
Rusty rider ? Anew VROD? I guess you can listen to the voices in your head, but I think you just got a Tiger by the tail.
You say you rode kawaski's etc. Ever ride a Kawasaki H2 750 triple? This machine came out in 1973 and could pull the front wheel off the ground in third gear doing 60 mph no problem. I rode HD'S but my brother was a speed freak and had an H1 and then purchased the H2 both machines would litteraly scare the bjesus out of a laid back HD rider.
I equate the new VROD to this type on riding . You bought a real piece of power hang on, and let me know if it will pull the front wheel off the ground in 3rd will ya
Never rode that one, but did have a '71 Kaw 500 that could about the same. But those bikes were shorter & a lot lighter than a VROD. (Any you VROD owners pull the front wheel yet?)

Appreciate your concern - yep, I do believe it's a tiger. Gotta treat it with respect or it will bite you, HARD.

Of course, that could be said about motorcycling in general.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I'm an old fart and the only problem I had on a test ride on the VROD was getting my ass back out of the seat after it had sucked me in -- just like a glove!

We'll be waiting for the first ride report - don't forget about us!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts