V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Drew and im a new member to the forum, i was wondering if you can help please ! is it possible to remove the tail section of my Vrod exhaust so as to give it that harley growl ? i know its possible to buy a set of straight through exhausts but my budget at the moment is £0 If it is possible will i have to get the bike re-tuned ?
I hope you can help and look forward to hearing from you.
Drew From Scotland

·
Registered
454 Posts
hmm

I imagine you would seriously hurt your performance if you just took off the back section of the exhaust. On top of that, the VRod has a very different sound altogether than the other HD's. It sounds wicked with the right pipe but I have a feeling that removing the entire muffler section would just end up being a terrible racket. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
the stock pipes are finely tuned to scavenge in the mid range.
almost any change you make will create a flat spot in the mid range without tuning.

i used a Race fueler, others will recommend something else.

i would leave it alone until you get a way to adjust the mixture.
ride it stock, and save money for the Box first, then start hacking on the pipes. you can find rear sections on E-bay all the time.

you can "v-mod" the stock pipes, where you cut out the inner baffle of that rear section.

you can go "topless" also, which gives a nice gain.

i'm 04vrscb over here:
http://www.v-rodforums.com/forums/

SuperKaz will jump in here soon, maybe he can move your post to the V-rod section on this forum - get more help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for thew replies fokes MOST HELPFUL !
I dont want to alter the performance in any way so looks like its time to start saving ! or empty the wifes bank account AGAIN !
Cheers Scoobzzzz

1 - 5 of 5 Posts