V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First to thank GRock and Doc for all the help to put my 114" together. It's awesome! Unfortunatelly, there is no dyno in these areas where I live so don't really know whether I tuned it up to its best; but so far ... with 3.37:1 ratio ... :Banadance

I installed a Barnett hi-perf clutch spring, however, the clutch still slips. So I decided to get this VPC but still have two questions to those who know or have installed VPC:

(1) Should I leave my Barnett spring in or should I go back to stock spring? I am OK with my clutch and I am primarily looking for a good hook-up.

(2) What clutch plates do you use; stock or something else (like Barnett etc)?

Cheers,
nmandic

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have VPC 83T from Hippo combined with SE spring and Barnett extra plate clutch pack on S&S 124" equipped RKC. I have 3.37 primary and total ratio of 3.42. Clutch works really well but I may opt for a VPC 92 this winter.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I would very strongly advise you not to use the Barnett spring.
They are unnecessarily heavy when used with the VPC, but the real reason is that apparently there is a batch of these springs that breaks in use.
I know of about half a dozen of them, all but one without the VPC, and in one case it lead to massive destruction in the primary. The local shop that used it with the VPC apparently got lucky as the larger dimensions of the VPC just managed to retain the pieces.
It is my understanding that some of the people contacted Barnett (which have very good customer service) and they are aware of the issue.
If you insist in using the spring then I would contact Barnett and see if there is a way to identify the faulty batch.

Personally I would just use the SE spring.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kari the Finn said:
I have VPC 83T from Hippo combined with SE spring and Barnett extra plate clutch pack on S&S 124" equipped RKC. I have 3.37 primary and total ratio of 3.42. Clutch works really well but I may opt for a VPC 92 this winter.

That dyno ......sweeeeet....

Thanks guys, I am getting VP 92T. Being in the Middle East I've ordered mine from Europe (I thought it would be cheaper to ship.)

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
They will take good care of you.

Just for informational purposes in case someone else is reading the post the shipping from the US is $9.00

1 - 5 of 5 Posts