V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering purchasing a new road king. I like the road king classic however my favorite color is pearl black and only the road king custom comes in pearl black. Is vivid black a bigger seller than pearl black?
I also like the extra trim on the custom. Any opinions?

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
Buy exactly what YOU like...then you won't be second guessing yourself later.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea I guess you are right. I just didn't want to get a color that gets old fast. I know the vivid black will always look good. But the pearl black looks good now so that is probably the best decision.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Pick the model first or you will be doubting yourself the whole time you own it. You can always have the bike painted at some point in the future or pick up a paint set on ebay in the color you want.

·
Registered
529 Posts
It is your money.And you are the one who must live with it,so buy what you want. Who cares if it is the in color XX-years from now.~!Awesome!

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
I don't even know the difference. I thought there was vivid black and flat black.

·
Sick Puppy
1,703 Posts
Maybe you could get the custom in the color you want and turn it into a classic.
Think of the hours of fun and enjoyment you and your new bike could spend together.
Good times man....good times.:265::wootdnc:^rolleyez^

·
Highly Seasoned Rider!
4,884 Posts
csoday said:
Vivid Black is 3mph faster than black pearl if you are concerned about performance.
That's true. It's also about $1,000 less expensive than the metallic and two tone bikes. Hard to believe that such a beautiful, fast color could be had for less money. Go figure. :hmmm:

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
As a prejudice Black Pearl owner, it is truly an awesome color, you need to see all the Pearl colors in the Sunlight, and not under fluorescent lighting.

Black is faster, but Black Pearl is sure better looking...............

·
Banned
17,238 Posts
the pearl colors are what we use to call metalflake. I had a pearl blue sportster and now have a pearl red fxdx. They have to be polished and in the sun to be fully appreciated. the vivid colors, some are like candy apple, are bright and have that deep thick paint look. Just get what's on the floor so you don't have to wait several months.

·
Forgetter of Things
2,657 Posts
LAF said:
you need to see all the Pearl colors in the Sunlight, and not under fluorescent lighting................
@gree: ..........

·
Registered
83 Posts
Rlast1

I have a black pearl FLHRI on order it is due in next month. I looked at all the colors, but once I saw black pearl in the sun I had to have it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I did not see the pearl black in natural light (only on show room floor). I was concerned it would look gray instead of black.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I saw a used 2005 Softtail Deluxe outside of dealer in Ottawa, Ohio last week and it looked great in the sun. low miles and has Vance and Hines pipes on it so maybe stage 1, didn't ask. they started it and it had some growl to it with those pipes on it. I like those deluxes so it got my attention when they fired it up.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Pearl Black is metallic grey. I think that color looks best on bikes that don't use a pinstripe. But in the end, its still charcoal grey. Very nice color but isn't set off like black is against chrome. On the up side, you won't see every little imperfection in the paint like you will with Vivid Black. I've had 2 Vivid Black bikes and no matter how nice you take care of the bike, you'll end up needing it buffed out everyone other year or so.

·
The Alter Ego
5,580 Posts
newultraclassic said:
That's true. It's also about $1,000 less expensive than the metallic and two tone bikes. Hard to believe that such a beautiful, fast color could be had for less money. Go figure. :hmmm:
And in addition to the added performance and money you save. Chicks dig Vivid Black. It's been said that the owner looks...uhhhh...cooler! :laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts