V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody got a PPG or Dupont paint code match to the Harley 98609DH Vivid black! What a pain in the AZZ they make it to find!

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
rickr01 said:
Anybody got a PPG or Dupont paint code match to the Harley 98609DH Vivid black! What a pain in the AZZ they make it to find!
"They", being the MOCO? Yes, they do that on purpose. The code is a secret.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bot said:
"They", being the MOCO? Yes, they do that on purpose. The code is a secret.
Well PPG or Dupont must have a code match of some type even if through paint scan?

·
Premium Member
1,744 Posts
U painting the whole bike or just pieces? Either way there will be a slight diff in color from Factory even if use HD paint. U wont notice it unless u hold the old up the new. I have seen wide variations in factory paints from batch to batch. Thats why whenever I do a repaint I get at least a quart extra for later repairs.

I use PPG 9700 its a very close match .. If your jobber can have them scan the paint to get a mix. make sure they do it at several places I was able to get a perfect match to my 63 Avanti polar white.Repainted the hood and didnt need to blend at all,The paint that matched was for a Maxxim boat

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fxsts103ci said:
U painting the whole bike or just pieces? Either way there will be a slight diff in color from Factory even if use HD paint. U wont notice it unless u hold the old up the new. I have seen wide variations in factory paints from batch to batch. Thats why whenever I do a repaint I get at least a quart extra for later repairs.

I use PPG 9700 its a very close match .. If your jobber can have them scan the paint to get a mix. make sure they do it at several places I was able to get a perfect match to my 63 Avanti polar white.Repainted the hood and didnt need to blend at all,The paint that matched was for a Maxxim boat

Yes, My local store was able to get me a PPG match. Close enough anyway. It's for a rear fender, but I wanted it to be close enough to match the factory vivid black fender struts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts