V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth the x-tra beans to get a leather seat. I can get a vinyl seat for roughly 60 cheaper. How do they hold up? Any input would be greatly appreciated. BTW, i'm looking at a Lepera seat and i'm debating whether or not to spend the extra cost on leather.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Leather is much nicer in my opinion! It holds up quite well and takes on a nice patina as you use it. Much like a saddle on a horse. It has character, something a pleather seat will not have, ever.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have had two leather seats and still do have one on one bike and have had and still do have vinyl on one bike. I have had plenty of vinyl before. I prefer the leather hands down.
John

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,377 Posts
I have had two leather seats and still do have one on one bike and have had and still do have vinyl on one bike. I have had plenty of vinyl before. I prefer the leather hands down.
John
A reason might help some.

OP, I've never heard anyone specifically say that either is more durable than the other.

Some like leather better because they perceive it as higher quality, or as better looking, or because they say it breathes better and so reduces swamp butt. I've only had vinyl but swamp butt hasn't been a problem for me. Some guys put sheepskin covers over vinyl to aid breathing.

joe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts