V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
I’m running a set of Viking bags and I love them. Mounted them to ez brackets so not only do the bags lock, so do the mounts to the bike

·
Registered
183 Posts
IF you plan to keep the bike...Take a look at Ironbags while you're shopping for options. They are pricey, but IMHO....worth it, IF you're keeping the bike. If you plan to replace the bike every few years...just buy a cheap set of pretty much anything. I put a set of Ironbags on my '85 FXR several years ago (and a LOT of miles in all weather) and LOVE'EM. I'm really glad I "bit the bullet" and spent the extra money. In my case...I made the decision to keep my bike a long time ago so "resale issues" or questions like "can I get my money back out of any add-ons" don't enter into my decision making process. Ironbags uses a "model specific" molded backplate that keeps the bags tight to the bike...not hanging out in space like bags do over the typical mounting brackets I've seen. The damn things have so much room in them that when I'm loading up for anything less than a solo cross country road-trip ( I've done several..), I sometimes find myself looking around for more "stuff" to take...'cause I've got room.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts