V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was going through some of the ride vids of 2005. If interest, here's one where I parked a bulletcam on the helmet (Can see in the upper right of the video), and I take the thing from Milwaukee on a sweeping, curvy, hilly, forested ride to lunch. It was a sweet ride on one of the finest Colorado Front Range roads. A winter time viewing of it can help reduce the pain and suffering often associated with PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome). Well, it does for me. Enjoy the killer exhaust note and tune. Summer is around the corner everyone!

Jeferson 126 Lunch Ride - Streaming Video

The video is highlights from #1 to #3 below. We are about one hour SW of Denver. Ignore the "Effortless Pass" flag. This is from another video. Just re-using the map :). If ever riding in Colorado, put this road on your ride list... From Pine Junction on Hwy 285 all the way to Woodland Park Hwy 24. 50 miles of lonely, curvy, hilly bliss. Much more to see than what I have here.

·
Premium Member
11,928 Posts
that was great, thanks.

got a link for that cam? i would love to have one.

·
Premium Member
685 Posts
I've probably been on that road 100+ times, however only a handful on my MC. I love to mtn bike the Buffalo Creek area and I also do volunteer Bike Patrol there for the Forest Service. Love that area...I couldn't look at the video though. Way too slow on your end I guess (I've got a 5+mps connection)

edit: finally gave it sufficient time to load. I can't wait to get back out there. For now I'm stuck in AZ riding the desert, to Mexico, Tombstone, Sierra Vista, Bisbee, etc.

·
Registered
335 Posts
What's PMS? Oh yea, I keep forgetting some can't ride during the winter.

:wootdnc: :D :xhere:

Hey, put that down! Wait...now, now...hey...

·
DHARMA Initiative
5,678 Posts
Awesome!!! :Banadance

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
claydbal said:
that was great, thanks.

got a link for that cam? i would love to have one.
Check out the bullet cams at helmetcamera.com. Connected it to a Sony camcorder.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LavaKing said:
Great ride @gree:

You ever stop into the Buck Snort saloon? Nice place to have a beverage along that ride.
Sixgun, LavaKing... A fine road isn't it. And I was at the Buck Snort today! Wasn't open for lunch, but made a video and took photos of the canyon. Will post later.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
05fatty said:
I've probably been on that road 100+ times, however only a handful on my MC. I love to mtn bike the Buffalo Creek area and I also do volunteer Bike Patrol there for the Forest Service. Love that area...I couldn't look at the video though. Way too slow on your end I guess (I've got a 5mps connection)
'05... Try again. Could be # of hits. Plus, that Been Here & There vid I posted back in December has taken on a global life of its own and the server is getting hammered.

Guess you know the Buffalo Creek area well! Was there today at the old depot getting some AAA batteries for my bullet cam, after it failed on the ride down to Pine Grove during today's brisk lunch ride. Will post pics.

In the meantime, maybe anyone interested in this area would find this report of interest... http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64222

1 - 10 of 10 Posts