V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a little video clip of a Street Bob with SEII slip-ons (non legal) so you can get an idea of what they sound like. No A/C or Reflash yet. I figure I'd put it out there for those shopping for exhaust options.

Excuse the dangling feet, the driveway was wet and slippery. :)

·
Vagrant
3,063 Posts
Man I love that new Street Bob, that is one cool customer. The SE Pro II's have a good potato-potato-potato sound, you can pick always them out at a light. No comment about the speed limit violations (not to mention the sidewalk). No crackle or pop yet with the stock A/C as the big cork.

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eh, I'll risk the sidewalk violations. We've got a small driveway and two vehicles other than the bike. It's too much effort to pull everything out of the driveway every time I want to pull out on to the street. :bleh:

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If by "factory", you mean "stock", then no. But they are considered Harley product. The stock mufflers have all kinds of baffle crap in them and the sound reflects it. Conversely, these are fairly wide open and...the sound reflects it.:(-

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks!

Whiffleboy, thanks for the post! My 04 Heritage is in the shop now getting some SE II slip ons installed along with the new K&N RK-3909 air cleaner kit and a carb rejet. That sounds good!. My SE II-s are slash downs I bought on Ebay for 100.00. I really like the sound of yours at idle!. My slip ons are older SE II's, (2001) many different companys have made them so I will have to see what they sound like! I hope they are loud enough for me, they have the epa warning (for closed course only) so that is a good sign. Thanks again Is your bike fuel injected?

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No problem, guys. I wish more folks would post the sounds of their exhaust to help out those shopping for them.

To answer your question, yes, it is an EFI model with a closed-loop O2 sensor.

The box in which my slip-ons were contained was marked 2004. I guess mine are kind of older too. :)

Whiff

·
Registered
39 Posts
Whiffleboy,

That was an excellent post! I love the sound of the bike I pick up mine(Street Bob) in the spring and was planning on getting SEII it's great to hear what they sound like.:thumbsup:

Thanks,

Rob

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Enjoy the bike, dude. If you don't want to piss off the neighbors, catch a cop's ear or otherwise attract unwanted attention (is there such a thing?), the SEIIs are the way to go. Mellow idle with lots of low end, yet, still has the ability to part the Red Sea when you're burrowing to the front at the stop light. Cars will make room and (even better) arms go back inside their cages when you give it a little throttle roll.

·
Registered
18 Posts
part no.

Great sound, man!
What part no. are they? here in Europe, the MoCo is no longer bringing SE, so I´ll have to find some on Ebay...

Wanna one of those for my new Bob to arrive...:chopper:

·
Registered
9,250 Posts
Those SEIIs sound great and your bike looks good. I ran SEIIs until shortly after my build and I like them a lot. Good idea on recording sound too.

Best part was your family in the background!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Dude, that was cool. Found myself watching it over & over. My Bob comes in a few weeks, & sounds like the slip ons are perfect. Which ones are yours, slashdown or baloney cut ?? Couldn't really tell in the video.

Thanx
Chap

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice, thanx bro, that is the ones I wanted as well. Now if I just had a bike to put them on. San Diego Harley said a couple more weeks, but you know how that goes...

Also, I see you live in LA. I live in Oceanside. Did you buy your bike in LA ?? Just wondering as i'm getting mine here in SD & we would have the same emmission stuff on them. Where did you get your pipes ?? Found them on Chicago Harley's site but not Harley Davidsons site. Any problems with the O2 sensors & the older pipes. Let me know if you would, I would really appreciate it...

Thanx again,
Chap

·
Shiny bad. Black good.
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I bought my bike at Bartel's here in Marina Del Rey. For at least a month or two they had a Bob on the floor and a Bob in a box...no shortage. I also purchased the slip-ons there. They've got them in stock.

The O2 sensor is on all 06 Dynas. The slip-ons created no compatibilty issues as they just slip over the end of the header pipe. The sensors are connected to the header pipe. You can read up on everything on the two threads below:

http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65610
http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63906

Those of us who've installed the slip-ons without doing the A/C and reflash are not experiencing any noticeable problems yet. At least from what's been posted here. I'm still going to go through with the full Stage 1 eventually.

Whiff

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ahh brother whiff, good lookin' out. The bob will be my first harley & was wondering about those o2 sensors. Wasn't sure if they were on the end of the pipe or the headers, now I know. When I ordered mine, they had none in stock, so I just put money down & said get it. Going off commercials & cool people like you alone. Thanx again bro, I really appreciate it...

Later,
Chap

·
Registered
335 Posts
Indeed, just adding the slipons requires no adjustments. I read in v-twin magazine where they stated that different muffers and air intakes would present no fuel injection management problems.

I've had my SEII slip-ons for 2000 miles now and it runs great.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Looks good. Wait til you get the A/C and replace the paper filter with a K&N...that's when it really picks up!

You need a bigger garage!! :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts