V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No flames intended here... but are Victorys made in the US? I think they are owned by a Canadian company, but where are they made. Some of them look rather nice.

·
Registered
100 Posts
"The Victory motorcycle company" is owned by Polaris Industries which is an American company based in Minn. and the bikes are made here in the good ol USA. Of course like any other manufactured vehicle they do have some foreign parts on em.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Skyview, thanks. For some strange reason I was thinking that this was the same company who use to make CanAms. Didn't Polaris make snowmobiles and water craft too?

Foreign parts are a give. No big deal there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
04_LowRider said:
Skyview, thanks. For some strange reason I was thinking that this was the same company who use to make CanAms. Didn't Polaris make snowmobiles and water craft too?

Foreign parts are a give. No big deal there.
Your welcome. Yes, They make snowmobiles but they dropped the watercraft line a few years back. They also manufacture a full line of ATV's.

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Victory sells S&S Performance Parts through their dealer network. In addition to the 106 stroker kit, there is a high flow air cleaner.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
there's no doubt victory makes a great american bike, i've had two and would probably still be riding one if the touring bike was not so futuristic and looks like pulling a trailer is out of the question with that set up but who knows
both of mine were bullit proof reliable and strong running and handle great.
im good with what ive got now but i am having to spend some $ to get to run as good as what i had.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I'm curious about the number of motorcycles Victory sells per year. I have read that they are projected to sell a total of 10,000 units in 2007, which is a 30% increase over the last 3 years. Is that really true? 10,000 bikes doesn't seem like that many.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Victory Sales

That many bikes would put it only behind HD and the big 3 *** makes. It would put them ahead of anything else made in America or Europe.

·
Registered
624 Posts
So the 10,000 units sold in 2007 would be accurate? That doesn't sound like very many motorcycles when compared to the other companies you mentioned.

·
Turgid member
1,941 Posts
microdoc said:
what is a good price on a used Victory, looking at a 2000 sc and why dont they hold value?
I bought mine two years ago for $3500. It had HC pistons and cams installed. I'd call that a good deal. Oh, and it was custom painted and prepared by Arlen Ness. It has also been my favorite bike for some time. Fast and brutal. Why do SCs not hold their value, or Victorys in general? A used Victory is the best deal going. They are built solid, and you can pick one up for a song. If you can find a used SC with the upgraded transmission, for under $4000, that is a good price.

Bottom line is, Victorys are undervalued.

·
Registered
953 Posts
microdoc said:
what is a good price on a used Victory, looking at a 2000 sc and why dont they hold value?
You'll probably find out more about them on the Victory forum.
Early models had transmission woes that would cause the trans to lock up.
A co-worker bought a 2001 SC with 100 miles on it(yes, 100 miles)last year for 5k.
A neighbor has a 2003 Victory for $3500, nice bike but can't sell it, he now has decided to keep it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Bubba Neil said:
You'll probably find out more about them on the Victory forum.
Early models had transmission woes that would cause the trans to lock up.
A co-worker bought a 2001 SC with 100 miles on it(yes, 100 miles)last year for 5k.
A neighbor has a 2003 Victory for $3500, nice bike but can't sell it, he now has decided to keep it.

I owned an IPO Vic(99) and Excelsior henderson (2000). That tranny lock up was the E-H I believe. A circlip would break off and jam the tranny. The early vics were loud and cumbersome, but I really liked my '99. Very comfortable ride and with amsoil, it quieted down. The 2002 and up had a better transmission and less trouble. Most of the early bikes got new tranny upgrades and you should ask about that if you are thinking about buying one. I put about 20K on it until it left me in Ks. Computer fried. Cost me a small fortune to get it back to Texas. Also, the dealer network was dismal. It still is for the most part, altho there are starting to be more and more dedicated dealers out there now. I would own another one but I think they are getting too "nessed" up. Not my cup of tea and if the dealer doesn't have a factory trained wrench they doen't seem to get the attn. from Polaris. Mechanically and pound for pound they are a real bargain, imho. For some reason the SC's didn't go over very well. They may have brought them out too early.

The VMC is a great group of folks

http://www.thevmc.com/start.html

·
Registered
60 Posts
Here's my, She dyno'd at 90 Hp and 101 Trq and is for sale check the classifieds. I'll take 11k

Hate to see her but I'm looking to buy a touring bike.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Vics are good bikes. I had an 06 Kingpin--fast and brutal (someone else's words here) describes it.

Tom--you're looking for a tourer? What do you think of the Vision?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts