V-Twin Forum banner

141 - 149 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
What is this Victory motorcycle I hear about . They are coming up for sale a lot. Are they some cool bike from years ago forced out of business, because they were to good .
Rumor is they are better than Harley or Indian combined.

·
Registered
745 Posts
The boomer customer base are dying of old age and already have full garages. Ugly chopper-fad styling sold Victorys until the Recession smashed a lot of old guy toy budgets. Those same guys will be dead in a few years and pedestrians before then.

HD will survive but I'd love to see someone like John Bloor take it over. Bloor did an epic job rescuing Triumph from the dead while producing profitable sport bikes (Harley are congenitally incompetent at diversification and their failure list is long and distinguished) and legacy machine based on the 6T and Bonneville styling. The current marketroids piddling with electric bikes will IMO be early adopters just in time to get steamrollered by EV tech progress. Maybe they'll have speakers playing Panhead exhaust notes for the cosplayer market.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
The boomer customer base are dying of old age and already have full garages. Ugly chopper-fad styling sold Victorys until the Recession smashed a lot of old guy toy budgets. Those same guys will be dead in a few years and pedestrians before then.

HD will survive but I'd love to see someone like John Bloor take it over. Bloor did an epic job rescuing Triumph from the dead while producing profitable sport bikes (Harley are congenitally incompetent at diversification and their failure list is long and distinguished) and legacy machine based on the 6T and Bonneville styling. The current marketroids piddling with electric bikes will IMO be early adopters just in time to get steamrollered by EV tech progress. Maybe they'll have speakers playing Panhead exhaust notes for the cosplayer market.
Funny you mention Triumph. I've been considering/think'n about a Triumph Rocket. Only thing holding me back is lack of dealer network.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Had some time to kill so I stopped in an Indian dealership. Was told they already sold more bikes in 2yrs than Polaris did in 10yrs.
I would seriously check those facts. Indian sales did go up . Not hard to go up from zero. But theyare not doing that great. Of course Motley fool wants you to think so. They have some major digging out to do.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
On our trip to TN and back unoffical results. Saw two Indians one was on a trailer.
Saw about 5 Victory's . A lot of HD and BMW's . Fair share of Honda's. A lot of CanAm spiders. A bunch of Polaris Slingshots but Betting they were mostly rentals from the area.

·
Registered
223 Posts
My 2017 Indian has been totaled and was a Decent Ride .. Only good thing to come out of it was a postal Truck is at fault for it's destruction .. With their offers so far which have refused will definitely have some extra cash to to 95" my 05 Dyna 88" so starting on it but meanwhile want something to ride and as ugly as some think the Victory is I decided to take this 2011 Victory Cross Country Garage Queen with 21,000 Miles for the reliability factor so won't be without a Ride as going to take time doing the Dyna .. Took for a 114 mile ride and ran perfect.. Being no stranger to Victory having owned a 2012 Cross Country that gave me 80,000 Trouble Free Miles not the least bit worried about having something Reliable and even if do have an issue or two I have one of the Best Victory /Wrencher/Builders in the Country 20 miles away from me .. For the price I got this almost 9 year old Victory think was a good choice .. Was considering a Beautiful 2016 Road King for 15,000 but got this Victory for less than half that .. At my age and income to my eyes and thinking was the better choice to have the money I need to make this 95" done the right way without having to be in a rush to get back riding .. Rode it 114 miles yesterday and Rode just as good as any new one I ever tested and tested many .. If decide I don't want to keep the Victory should get most if not all my money back for it .. Not asking anyone to agree but I thought this was the Right Option for me ..

Attachments

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
My 2017 Indian has been totaled and was a Decent Ride .. Only good thing to come out of it was a postal Truck is at fault for it's destruction .. With their offers so far which have refused will definitely have some extra cash to to 95" my 05 Dyna 88" so starting on it but meanwhile want something to ride and as ugly as some think the Victory is I decided to take this 2011 Victory Cross Country Garage Queen with 21,000 Miles for the reliability factor so won't be without a Ride as going to take time doing the Dyna .. Took for a 114 mile ride and ran perfect.. Being no stranger to Victory having owned a 2012 Cross Country that gave me 80,000 Trouble Free Miles not the least bit worried about having something Reliable and even if do have an issue or two I have one of the Best Victory /Wrencher/Builders in the Country 20 miles away from me .. For the price I got this almost 9 year old Victory think was a good choice .. Was considering a Beautiful 2016 Road King for 15,000 but got this Victory for less than half that .. At my age and income to my eyes and thinking was the better choice to have the money I need to make this 95" done the right way without having to be in a rush to get back riding .. Rode it 114 miles yesterday and Rode just as good as any new one I ever tested and tested many .. If decide I don't want to keep the Victory should get most if not all my money back for it .. Not asking anyone to agree but I thought this was the Right Option for me ..
jay just because your insurance and you settle on a price does not mean you can not go after The fault party for what you feel the bike should have been worth. Simple thing many forget It is about making you whole. Were you were before the crash.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I saw your post about the wreck on the other HD forum. I didn't know you had bought another CC. Good luck with it and I'm not surprised you went with the CC.

141 - 149 of 149 Posts
About this Discussion
148 Replies
45 Participants
Tiwodogis
V-Twin Forum
V-Twin Harley Davidson forum. Discussion on V-Twin Harley Davidson motorcycles including Dyna, Electra Glide, Softail, Sportster, and more.
Full Forum Listing