V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Been wanting to move over to the Harley side! Shopping around adn looking at a few Sportsters. Haven't had a chance to ride one yet. My question is, I have read that the Sporties really vibrate to the point that they burn out bulbs, problems with electircs etc. Can anyone comment on this? Is there a way to get a handle on the vibration. The Sportster is in my price range. Will probably have to buy used as I don't think I will find one at a dealer for msrp!

Have the day off and hope to get over to my dealer to take a look around today.

Mark

·
Registered
117 Posts
The 883 shakes a little more than the 1200 at speed because it is geared higher. The Sporties due vibrate more than the rubber mounts but it's nothing terrible. My 883 would make my hands go numb if I rode on the interstate for a long period of time. As long as you don't plan on doing some long distance interstate rides you will like the bike. I had a 600cc Suzuki that I thought was worse on the highway than my Sporty.
As far as managing the vibration,invest in a good set of grips.I recommend the Kuryaken Iso grip. Also a better seat will help.
Good Luck ! Let us know what you get.
:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts