V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I desided to change the lifters on my 103 Road King to the Crane Chevy hi performance lifters in hope of quieting the valvetrain noise. I swapped the lifters and switched over to Royal Purple synthetic oil and installed a set of NGK(colder) plugs. Before the change the bike was amazingly smoothe at all cruising rpm's, now at about 2500-2700 rpms i have a very noticeable vibration coming through the seat and the floorboards like an old sportster.It happens in any gear at about the same rpm so i dont think it has anything to do with wheel balance or such. The valvetrain is much quieter but this vibration is driving me crazy! What could have changed?
Mike

·
IronButt
6,364 Posts
WEll you did pull the exhaust to do work correct?? I would look for a binding exhaust system. No real reason why what you did would cause that vibration, Did you pull the rocker boxes?? Check the top motor mount as well

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Didn't have to mess with the exhaust but it cant hurt to check it and the upper mount. Thanks!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hdwrench! You were right, I went and redid the exhaust and all is well!The Crane lifters are much quieter.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts