V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey to all, got this off the internet. HR2640 is a bill to extend and expand the Brady bill. If you want to read the whole bill look up HR2640 and then look up the specific sections as it applies to Veterans who have been "adjudicated with a mental defect"

So for you recent veterans who haven't sought help yet and eventually do, if this bill passes the Senate you will NOT be able to purchase weapons that require a back ground check for the rest of your life. Call or e-mail your senators and let them know this is not acceptable....V/R, CSM-H

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Is it a good idea to sell a gun to a suicidal person? or someone with severe anger issues?

I did not read the bill, but I am just asking the question. There are certain people who should not have access to guns.

·
Part Time Hero (Retired)
208 Posts
route66paul said:
"Is it a good idea to sell a gun to a suicidal person? or someone with severe anger issues? ....."

Short answer: No, it is not.

However, I bet there are already existing laws on the books that could/should be properly enforced without singling out veterans!

P.S. No, I have not read the bill, but I think I will!!​

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Veterans disarmed

route66paul said:
Is it a good idea to sell a gun to a suicidal person? or someone with severe anger issues?

I did not read the bill, but I am just asking the question. There are certain people who should not have access to guns.
route66paul....As I am one of those who has sought some help this is a sensitive issue to me and others. This will be something like the Lautenberg Amendment which when passed had second and third order of effects.

Example; you have an argument with wife, she call police, this can be listed as domestic violence and YOU could be banned. ex; you go with spouse to counselling and somewhere in conversation you mention that your anger almost got the best of you, YOU could be banned ex; you are a veteran who has seen terrible things and you go to the VA for help with nightmares and fits of anger you don't understand..YOU could be banned...are you following this now...read the bill it will open your eyes, I hpoe. CSM-H

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
fr8dog said:

Short answer: No, it is not.

However, I bet there are already existing laws on the books that could/should be properly enforced without singling out veterans!

P.S. No, I have not read the bill, but I think I will!!​
DING DING DING .... We have a winner......

there are literally thousands of gun laws on the books... WE don't need another one when the majority are not enforced as it is.

---------------------
"68" Presidente Nacional

·
Registered
13,064 Posts
Veterans disarmed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by route66paul

CSM-H said:
route66paul....As I am one of those who has sought some help this is a sensitive issue to me and others. This will be something like the Lautenberg Amendment which when passed had second and third order of effects.

Example; you have an argument with wife, she call police, this can be listed as domestic violence and YOU could be banned. ex; you go with spouse to counselling and somewhere in conversation you mention that your anger almost got the best of you, YOU could be banned ex; you are a veteran who has seen terrible things and you go to the VA for help with nightmares and fits of anger you don't understand..YOU could be banned...are you following this now...read the bill it will open your eyes, I hpoe. CSM-H

So this is another way to pull guns away from the public. I would be ok with putting vets with documented problems on the existing data banks that are used to limit gun ownership. I would not want them to skate by. But any vet who has ever been in a loud argument get put on that list? That would be totally wrong.

When you look at the crazies who bring a gun to work or school and start firing, they are usually described as very meek individuals who couldn't take the abuse that was being handed out. Maybe if they would just shoot the ones who hand out the abuse, the world would be a better place.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Suprising that the damn buricratics asshats are looking into making laws that violate the contitution of the United States of America, Not just this one but others.

Tim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts