V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any threads about patches, pins etc. on vests, jackets or other clothing. Any thoughts?

·
killer sperm
2,852 Posts
I think this could be a good thread, some folks are passionate about their pins & stuff.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I like collecting pins from the places I have ridden to, I am getting a pin for every state that I have been in also. I am thinking about getting a denim vest for the pins, and then only wear it to HOG Chapter events and things like that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
patches and pins

sthorp said:
I like collecting pins from the places I have ridden to, I am getting a pin for every state that I have been in also. I am thinking about getting a denim vest for the pins, and then only wear it to HOG Chapter events and things like that.
Amen storp. I've got the vest and it brings happy memories when I look at this patch or that pin.

·
Registered
507 Posts
MegaGlide said:
Oh.
I thought he was asking if I had thoughts about them.
Sorry.
Too funny. That was how I was going to answer, had you not beat me to it.

I personally like when someone asks you 2 questions in the same sentence and you only answer one.....leaves them wondering which one you answered. :)

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I am not into the pins, patchs and sticker thing. there are many who are, I'm not against them I just don't feel the need to make a statement by wearing them.

·
Have chrome will travel
506 Posts
I try and get a pin from every state I'm in or event and I stick them on a cork board hanging in my bedroom.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Patches and pins displayed at work

I love to collect patches and pins from various rides and events but I don't display them on clothing. I found that having pins and patches displayed in my module walls at work adds just the right amount of cashe and biker attitude for my job as a Supervisor. It also reminds me daily of what I love to do - Be out in the wind!
I do recommend however leaving the rude,crude and nude patches at home.
Most of my stuff displayed at work is from charity rides etc. That way the display stays relatively professional and I don't get any complaints from the PC/Diversity police.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I have a vest with pins (no patches) from different areas/events that I RODE to...I wear it once in a while proudly...I often wish I had it with me when walking through the TRAILER parking lot

·
Premium Member
1,517 Posts
My old vest, wore it just about every day for maybe 20 years, has all the patches, pins, etc, etc. Must weigh 15 pounds. This August, got a new vest from Fox Creek and I've decided that it's getting zero extras on it. Guess I just want a bit of a change. But, it's neat to get the old vest out once in a while, since it has a lot of memories attached to it.

·
The Best Me I Can Be
22,852 Posts
I've thought about it but doubt I'll do it. I do have an old USN leather flight jacket with patches of different countries I've been to, and a few Navy and Air Force patches sewn on it. As stated earlier, it's neat because of the memories it invokes. But, at the same time, it somehow seems a little gaudy, so I'm not sure I'd start it over again.

Joe

·
Huge Member
1,286 Posts
I used to get them with the best intention of doing something with them someday, but probably never will. Like almost every other thing I collect from time-to-time, I get to the point where I'm throwing them away and then change my mind at the last minute. My kids will probably have to deal with them eventually.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
arjonaut said:
As stated earlier, it's neat because of the memories it invokes. But, at the same time, it somehow seems a little gaudy, so I'm not sure I'd start it over again.

Joe
I think that your statement "it's neat" is 'nuf said. Speaking for myself, if you feel like doing it, then do it! I've gone way past the point of caring what other people think. People will like or dislike me for what I do and say, but it doesn't make any difference.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I've been collecting pins since '68 , when I started riding of course they became more bike specific. I try to get dealer pins in my travels along with HOG and rally pins too. I also collect pins from national parks. I like them because they are cheap and easy to fit in my luggage

1 - 20 of 24 Posts