V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was planning on a week in Vermont the 4th thru the 9th but from the look of things the roads up there are supposed to be pretty bad from Irene. I just found out they cancelled the Killington Classic.
Anybody on the forum here who can advise if it's worth the trip?
I was planning on staying at the Grey Ghost Inn in west Dover. I spoke to one of the owners there and she said they are working round the clock to get the roads back in shape up there and said by the time I get up there it should be a much better situation?????

·
Registered
126 Posts
From the videos and pics I've seen, it's hard to believe the roads that are washed out are going to be fixed that quick. They took a pretty good hit up there along with parts of NY state.

Ron

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just heard today that it could be 2 years before VT fully recovers. There were many towns that were completely isolated. A lot of major roads are washed out. I have family there that can't believe it. I would avoid VT for at least a month to give them a chance to get major roads opened up again.

I would believe they cancelled the Killington classic. Killington resort was cut off from the rest of the town stranding about 400 people there. The lodge also suffered flood damage as did much of the town.

I viewed a lot of the news online at one of their local news stations:
http://www.wcax.com/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts