V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
We were a vento dealer for their scooter line for a while. They were very stylish and looked to be well designed. The company sucks. The 6 month parts only warranty starts when the units arrive at the dealership, not when the customer takes delivery. And who knows how damn long you might wait for parts when you did need them. Vento will also not cover the battery from day one. And they will drain the battery within a couple weeks if not ran nearly every day.
You would be better off picking up a small street bike from Kawasaki.-2$en#e-

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
There's Dealer west on 211 outside of Warrenton right here in good ole' Va, I've seen them up close...looks like ya get what ya paid for...

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Looks like a POS to me, 24HP, exactly what is that good for? for that money and an entry level bike, look at something like this, at least it's a real motorcycle, lots of clean low milage ones on there in that price range, just pulled this one for an example. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/LOW-...604665051QQcategoryZ50048QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
same seat height as that vento, about a hundred lbs heavier and could ride all day with you on yer HD.
Of course, I personally consider a FXDL or similar an entry level/beginner bike......

·
Premium Member
1,049 Posts
These ought to be available at WalMart soon, and maybe they will throw in one of those 99.00 Guitars.

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
I really like the "disco" brakes:whistle: I think it is a direct copy of the Yamaha 250 Virago.

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
The Vento uses or copies the Yamaha 250 Virago motor. Both bikes are the same price. So which would you buy?:coffee:

·
Registered
2020 Ultra Limited
176 Posts
How can you call something "V-Thunder" with only 24 HP?

Oughta call it "Scooter-Thunder" or better yet "Scooter-Fart"!

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
rkt88403 said:
I really like the "disco" brakes:whistle: I think it is a direct copy of the Yamaha 250 Virago.
I understand it was intended to resemble a Fatboy:roflback: :roflback: :roflback:

·
Retired
1,834 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
I understand it was intended to resemble a Fatboy:roflback: :roflback: :roflback:
A Fatboy with a Yamaha motor? Harley may sue for the air cleaner design. Don't they have a patent on that?:nunu:

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
rkt88403 said:
The Vento uses or copies the Yamaha 250 Virago motor. Both bikes are the same price. So which would you buy?:coffee:
That engine is made by Lifan in China and it is a duplicate of a Honda engine but without the reliability. We had a dealer here selling them. They went out of business.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts