V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed tonight that the rubber vent lines from the rocker box to back of the air cleaner are dying. They lasted a little over a year. Has anyone seen a stainless or chrome tubing or braid kit to replace these? I am not barfing oil or having any problems with it so I am not looking for a radical solution just something to go back in the stock location.

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
same here, i keep a couple extra sets in the garage for the same reason. If i recall correctly, there is a p/n on the tube......If we are talking about the s/e breather tubes..

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what they are. I am kind hoping for something quick and easy that I can buy rather then having to make something to do the job. If time runs out I guess it'll be new rubber.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Mine had dried out and cracked also.

Went to the dealer and they ended up giving me a couple of take-offs for nothing!

Easy to swap out!

·
Infidel
1,428 Posts
machinist said:
I noticed tonight that the rubber vent lines from the rocker box to back of the air cleaner are dying. They lasted a little over a year. Has anyone seen a stainless or chrome tubing or braid kit to replace these? I am not barfing oil or having any problems with it so I am not looking for a radical solution just something to go back in the stock location.
Are you talking about the "S" shaped rubber hoses? If so their P/N is 29476-99. I don't know of an aftermarket alternative.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Vent hose cure

This problem is permanently cured with the use of an Arlen Ness Big Sucker air cleaner kit. This is a one piece cast part that combines the backing plate and hoses into one solid piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts