V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced there Dyna top engine stabilizer with a Velva ride from V-Thunder? I have an 2005 Lowrider. I get the tyopical vibration from about 1900 RPMs to 2300 RPMs. The problerm is a have a bad right shoulder and on extended rides this vibration causes me poblems in my right hand. I have replaced the grips using Iso-grips. Helps a little but not a lot, over rated. I have checked the motor mounts and done the alignment procedure per the maunel. I even tried the front engine mount fix using a spacer or washer that I found on this web siten no chnage for me. I realize the vobration is inherant to the bike and If I have to I can live with it. However if the Velva ride does work I am willing to give it a try. However if some one has used it and it is just another false claim then I would like to save the $80. All help and responses are appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,217 Posts
I have not used that stabilizer, however I am curious about your vibration problem. My 98 Superglide only vibrates at idle. The rest of the ride no matter the rpm is smooth as glass. I thought the twin cams were even suppose to be better then the Evo's. Have you checked your primary chain? It can create a lot of strange vibration. I have a friend who rode a big Honda clone, who always laughed at the way my motor shook in the frame at idle. He thought that was a carry through at all rpm's, that is until he rode my bike. He quickly traded his for a new 05 Lowrider and loves it. He claims it's vibration free at speed just as mine is. One other thing to take a look at is worn or over tightened handlebar vibration dampeners. The tiniest things can make a huge impact.

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reponse. I have not checked the primary chain and plan on checking that and the belt this weekend. I did check the handle bar bushings and they seem fine and I torqed them to spec. I saw a little chnage but the bad vibs around 2000 Rpm remain. It is a pain as when doing some east going group rides running around 2000-2300 RPMs is common and thats is what gets my right hand.

·
Pimp Daddy
386 Posts
You may want to change out your handlebar bushings completely. A good set of polyurethane bushings will help. I replaced mine on my 04 Wide Glide and it made a night and day difference in the vibration going through the handlebars. The stock rubber bushings just aren't up to the task...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts