1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Hellbound Train
5,595 Posts
Unless you have a filter element, you are slowly trashing your engine using it for a daily ride.. Trying to put an effective element in a velocity stack will seveerly limit the ammount of air getting in. Either way, you lose, velocity stacks are for drag bikes and trailer queens.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
A velocity stack is not something I would suggest that you use for daily public rodaway applications.
The main purpose for a velocity stack is to maximize your intake tracks ability to stuff the cylander with charged air by aligning and increasing the speed of the air entering the throat of the carb. It offers close to NO protections from abrasive contaminants that destroy your engine in short order. These work well on drag bikes where every 1/10 hp is needed because thousandths of a second count in the 1/4 mile. The screens thay use at the throat will catch a large stone or chunk of rubber that is airbourne but they do not filter out dust and small abrasive contaminants.
An air filter does just what its name suggests, filters dust and debris from the incomming air and protects your motor from being damaged from the same problem.

(Chuck types faster and gets to the point quicker)

·
Banned
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Thats what seemed apparent to me, but I thought I would get some input. Velocity stacks do look cool though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts