V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
David,

How bout allowing the pics that are attached to be shown. They're already on the server so why not display the image? I know this is possible, because on another vB board they do it. Whats your opinion on this?

Dave

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Dave,

Let me know what forums are NOT showing the pictures with the in the body of the text. I need to go on and manually turn it on.

I thought I did ALL of the forums like this but in my hastyness, I may have missed one or two.

They are on for sure in "Enter At Your Own Risk" and a few others but I will turn ALL of them on if I know which ones are showing links instead of the [img]

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
David,

The tag works fine on all forums that I have seen. I was talking about attaching jpegs not using urls. Like up loading an image off of your own hard drive. Here's an [URL=http://www.harleydavidsonforum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=525]example[/URL] of what I'm talking about. Sheepboy (scarey name :eek: ) :D has attached an image of his sportster. Why doesn't vB display the image instead of making you download it? As I said in my first post, other vB boards allow the imgage to be displayed.

Sorry to cause you any trouble, I'm just curious.

Dave

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Dave,

I will have to find out how to make it viewable automatically.

I do know that they UPLOAD them as ATTACHMENTS and maybe the software forces them to open it up since it is an attachment.

I will look into it...thanks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks David! :cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts