V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I was riding the RK in to work in a pretty dense fog. I live out in the country, & have to take several very curvy roads to get to the interstate.(Normally I love this!) There were 2 trucks in front of me & we were only doing about 35 MPH, thank goodness . Right in the apex of the turn I felt the front wheel start to slide out from under me:eek:
I immediately let off the throttle and the dance began ! She did a couple of fishtails, then straightened out just fine. I bet it took another 1/2 hour for my heart rate to return to normal !You couldn't have driven a finish nail up my a$$ right then! Still not certain what was on the road, but you can bet I will check it out today on the way home.
Ride safe y'all.:D

·
Road Captain
6,628 Posts
twincamzz,
There is much to be said about alertness and reaction! Glad you made it OK.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
What made you loose traction? Gravel?, oil/diesel?, wet leaves? What?

·
Registered
4,089 Posts
Something similar happened to me too a while back.

Just left the stealers, coming up to traffic lights (RED/STOP) in the drizzling rain. Two lanes for traffic on my side. One full, one empty.
Decided to go for the empty lane up to the light, when this stupid cow half way down the line decides to swerve out to do the same.
Grabbed a handfull of brakes, both brakes actually but the front wheel locked! :eek:
The front started to twist to the side still locked up and sliding in the rain!

Luckily I knew to Let GO of that front brake lever quick!!!
Just about kept it up, AND stopped just in time to save me burying my scoot half way up her @ss. :D

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FXRS said:
What made you loose traction? Gravel?, oil/diesel?, wet leaves? What?

I stopped on the way home to get a better look.Still not sure what it was, but with a few potatoes, carrots & "11 secret herbs & spices" it made a pretty decent stew !!:eek: :D

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I tell ya, those animal guts on the road make for some slick surfaces:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts