V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to go to Vancouver for a conference 10/30 - 11/3.

Anything interesting to do there? I'll have the afternoon/evening to knock around on 10/30 and 11/2.

·
~~~~~~~~~
178 Posts
Heard they got a whack load of trees up there need huggin, if ya can ever smoke yer way through all the dope ~!Awesome!

:D

EDITED TO ADD: Seriously, you might want to check out Trev Dealey's motorcycle museum. I think it's in Delta or Surrey???

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
thatoldbike said:
I have to go to Vancouver for a conference 10/30 - 11/3.

Anything interesting to do there? I'll have the afternoon/evening to knock around on 10/30 and 11/2.
With your limited amount of time I would suggest Granville Island. Excellent bars and restaurants and lots of local "tourist" shops. Rent a bike (or probably a cage 'cause it will be raining) and take a run through Stanley Park (they have a great aquarium). You can also go to West Vancouver and take the Sky Tram ride up Grouse Mountain. Vancouver is a great city to visit. Be prepared for the hassle coming back by customs. If you are flying it won't be so bad but a passport is required. If driving, and you don't have a passport, make sure you have a copy of your birth certificate and photo ID.

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
yeah the new trev deeley museum is sposed to be top drawer..
gas town has some cool restuarants..
..take a trip up to whistler...
or over to victoria.

stay away from hastings ave...crack whores and lowlifes galore...
(unless that's you like a freak show)

if you see a biker looking dude driving a city bus its Flyer ...from this site...

LOOK OUT! !drunk!

·
Premium Member
148 Posts
sonoffatboy said:
yeah the new trev deeley museum is sposed to be top drawer..
gas town has some cool restuarants..
..take a trip up to whistler...
or over to victoria.

stay away from hastings ave...crack whores and lowlifes galore...
(unless that's you like a freak show)

if you see a biker looking dude driving a city bus its Flyer ...from this site...

LOOK OUT! !drunk!
Now you've done it. The first place he will go is Hasting Ave.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
cowboy_bc said:
Hi all,

The main thing! watch out for the chinks in their cages
Well isn't that a nice racial slur stereotype .:thumbsdn:

I for one watch out for all cages and for another don't care for racial slurs or stereotypes,greasy dirtbag biker comes to mind as a stereotype.
Been on that end enough times long before it was chic to be a biker.
Do you watch out for "chink" bikers too? do they ride as bad as "chink" drivers drive?:rolleyes:
I'm not big on being PC but that's just wrong in my book. -2$en#e-

As for visiting the Pacific NW in Oct-Nov,bring both your raincoat and your sunglasses,it's beautiful down here near the other Vancouver (USA) this week with lots of sun and it's about damn time we got a break from all the rain we've had this month.

·
Pestilence
2,092 Posts
:welcome: to Vancouver BC

There's a ton of things you can do. Don't know what you're into, here's some suggestions

Downtown core:
Robson St. Shops, restaurants, a few good bars. Busy...REAL busy
Stanley Park/ Vancouver Aquarium. Big park. Good aquarium.
Cecil Hotel. Peeler bar. AAA rating
Yale Hotel. Beside the Cecil. R&B bar. Outstanding
Theatre row, Granville St. If you wanna catch a flick.
Atlantic Trap and Grill on Seymour St. East Coast Newfie style bar, the place throws a party every night.
Live venues everywhere. Pick up a copy of The Georgia Strait, free.
Chinatown. Amazing part of the city. Gotta be careful. Downtown Eastside is right next door. You don't wanna be there (harmless, but real hard on the eye)

North Vancouver:
Grouse Mountain. Like someone else said....

Broadway Corridor:
Commercial St\Kits\Point Grey\UBC Endowment lands. Very European. Some of the best ethnic food anywhere.

Richmond:
Downtown Vancouver has a chinatown. Richmond IS China. Endless selection of restaurants and malls....and tricked out expensive cars driven by the most erratic drivers in the world!!!
Trev Deeley Motorcycle Museum. It's worth the look. In the middle of moving in same building as Deeley's, on Boundary Rd. Vancouver.

If...you're car renting, it could be a furstrating experience to get around.
Public transportation is second to none. Skytrain, B-Line Express buses, local or suburban. Minimum waits and travel time. Pick up a day pass from any Skytrain station or 7-11.

Some of the world's finest (pick any:beer, rum and other spirits,and..:ntlgh: herb) flows nightly in this city, along with some of the world's most beautiful women.

PS. You see a bus doing 4 wheel drifts....it's prolly ME! :yes:
Oyeah...you'll have a good time

·
Registered
4,820 Posts
great place to visit

I did three months there going to a chef school. Vancouver is a great place when it comes to places to eat. There are numerous quality restaurants all around the town. Grandville Island is a must see place; great food and wonderful markets. I doubt you will have a problem finding some interesting way to spend you time. I'll bet you'll be wanting to return there after your short visit.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Dam, I just checked my work schedule and I'm working both afternoons, otherwise, I'd play tour guide for you. You should find lots to do though. Are you staying at the Pan Pacific?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts