V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you remove the baffle? I removed the two small screws on the end, down by the end cap, but I can't seem to budge it loose with my
hands.. I don't see anywhere that you can get leverage with a screw driver without damaging the pipes finish.. Any suggestions..? Is their a trick to this? Thanks in advance. nickp.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Remove the screws and then ya have to grab the baffles using your two thumbs one at 3:00 and one at 9:00. Pushing outward rock em until ya have em loose. Do not put undo stress on the pipe itself as you risk cracking the Y-Pipe.

With the pipes cool, shoot a bit of liquid wrench or some other penetrant to help loosen it up.

The baffles are wrapped and the tight fit keeps vib noises down.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
V&H

I am assuming that after I take the two
small screws out that I need to remove the end cap.
Does this slide out with the thumb trick as well? What is the
baffle wrapped with? It sure seems to be a tight fit!
Thanks. nickp.

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Is this them?

If so yes remove end caps.

The baffels are wrapped in fiberglass. I slit the fiberglass, removed from baffel and put the baffels back in without the wrapping.

NOTE: This could cause future blueing on pipe due to low insulation.

·
Free Idears Available
2,270 Posts
Sounds like he has the 2:1 Jimmy, not those guys. My opinion is leave 'em in or order the competition baffle from V & H.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys..

I appreciate your tips! Any idea what the V&H performance baffle is?
How does it differ from the stock one?
Have a good one. nickp.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called...

and they told me to remove the rear portion of the pipe and smack a broom handle down the end of it to jar the baffle loose...
Anyone know what the difference between the high performance baffle and the stock baffle on the Pro Pipe? nickp.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts