V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Eclectra Glide Classic FI

I am putting Vance & Hines Long Shots on it they should arrive tomorrow.

Questions..:
Can I put them on now--- or should I put more miles on first (current mileage 240)??
Anybody who has long shots what is your opinion of the sound/ performance & looks ??

thanks.....

Mike:cool:

·
Registered
172 Posts
The dealer told me to wait 500 miles, so I did. I put Bigshot staggs on my FLSTFI. They are loud while riding. Friends say they sound like a Harley should.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are on --- and I like 'em

I had the V&H Long Shots put on my '03 Bagger and I like them alot.

I waited till I had 500 miles and had the first service /stage one (breather kit & reflash) & the pipes all done at once :eek:

WOW..... now she sounds like a harley and runs quicker too....

I had several people at the dealer say......"longshots on a bagger???" and I quoted back to them out of the HArley Catalog.... "customization is a personal thing....."

I love how they look.....and sound....and after they were on the guys at the dealership liked 'em too :D

VERY PLEASED

·
Registered
272 Posts
changing pipes

The decision to immediately change the pipes on my fatboy was based on the fact that EFI Harleys are set to run on the lean side. On the other hand, if you put new pipes, stage 1 kit, and (most importantly) a powercommander(or other injector regulator) you can actually tune the bike in to the way she is supposed to run, richer and cooler. The stage 1 kit alone with the remap is still not enough. Harley's new map is still EPA legal and on the lean side. With the PC you can control this. The only problem is that with new pipes, the sound makes you want to go faster and accelerate faster. It's a self control thing. You have more of a chance of damaging your motor than the pipes will. But this is just my opinion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.