V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I am ready to do away with the SE Touring exhaust and the Cycle Shack slip on mufflers. I have been switching back and forth between the two. I saw a bagger up in Canada with V&H Long Shots and loved the sound. I ran Long Shots on my Roadstar and enjoyed the performance improvements after I did the carb and hi flow air cleaner.
So far I have bumped up the slow jet to a 45 and installed the SE air filter upgrade on my 2001 FLHT. The Touring pipes don't pop on decel but the Cycle Shacks are really getting to be annoying. However the performance improvement with the Cycle Shack slip ons is very dramatic over the Touring pipes.
I am thinking of moving into a set of Long Shots for my bagger. Is there anyone here running them and can give any advice on jetting or set up... how about popping on decel.
Any info is appreciated.
Also, I have not drilled out the slug for the idle adjustment on my carb, can someone please give me the particulars on doing this. Do I have to remove the carb from the engine? and where is it located.
Thanks in advance
Dave

·
Founder/Administrator
1,315 Posts
Im running the longshots on my FLHRCI...and it pops like hell on decel. The bike is EFi and I have had the stage 1 remap done. I took the baffles out and the bike really runs great on the open slab.

Overall, I am quite pleased with the sound and looks.

I have noticed lately that the pipes really make a loud "crack" in addition to the pops. Everything seems to be running fine, so I am not going to worry about it until something breaks.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thunder Header 2 in to 1

1 - 3 of 3 Posts