V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here using the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak? I have an 05 Dyna with the SE AC, a Pro Pipe and the dealer installed stage 1 download. I don't have a laptop, which it looks like I'd need for a PCIII. The Fuel Pak doesn't look like it has the flexibility of the PCIII, but it looks like it might do the trick and appears to have been designed primarily around V&H exhausts on bikes with a high flow AC (i.e, the same setup I have). Since installing my ProPipe, the bike just feels like it's a bit starved for fuel so I think I need to do something to get the most out of it!

·
Premium Member
591 Posts
OrangeTJ said:
Anybody here using the Vance & Hines Fuel Pak? I have an 05 Dyna with the SE AC, a Pro Pipe and the dealer installed stage 1 download. I don't have a laptop, which it looks like I'd need for a PCIII. The Fuel Pak doesn't look like it has the flexibility of the PCIII, but it looks like it might do the trick and appears to have been designed primarily around V&H exhausts on bikes with a high flow AC (i.e, the same setup I have). Since installing my ProPipe, the bike just feels like it's a bit starved for fuel so I think I need to do something to get the most out of it!

You should do a search. Every reference to it I have ever seen on this site has been negative. I don't want to make your decision for you, but it's rare to see such universal agreement about anything on this forum.

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
In fairness not everyone hates it, but most of us have found out that it tends to run rich and if you ever plan to do a 95" upgrade, cams or head porting it is useless. V&H uses a proprietary system for adjusting it that they refuse to share with tuners. The hot ticket is to get a PCIII, SERT or the new Terry Components Terminal Velocity II. The first two choices should be mapped on a dyno. It'll cost you about $250 to do this but the bike will run well. The TC TVII is a self tuning system that uses an O2 sensor to adjust the mixture on the fly and will re-adjust after making engine changes to the bike. Your already set for this since you have the stage 1 download. Do a search here and in the engines section. The guys who have installed it are raving about it.

Joe

·
Bike Addict
84 Posts
OrangeTJ said:
You don't have to have a laptop for the PCIII. It comes with a power adaptor (9V battery hook up) so you can load your maps from your PC without being hooked up to the bike. :cool:

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting

bikebuilderdude said:
You don't have to have a laptop for the PCIII. It comes with a power adaptor (9V battery hook up) so you can load your maps from your PC without being hooked up to the bike. :cool:

Aaahhhh...cool! Thanks for the info. I don't know how I missed that in the past, but I always thought you had to have the thing simultaneously hooked up to your computer and your bike. For $40 more than the Fuel Pak, I think I'll go the PCIII route! Thanks all for the feedback.

OrangeTJ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts