V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the site need serious help,
I have an 08 SG with R/H 4 inch TD and SE stage 1 air cleaner. I am trying to decide on Vance and Hine fuel pack. so much conflicting reports. thank you for the insight

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
I have an 08 SG with R/H 4 inch TD and SE stage 1 air cleaner. I am trying to decide on Vance and Hine fuel pack. so much conflicting reports. thank you for the insight
No personal experience, but i have two friends running V&H fuel pak on 2011 Ultras and very happy with results.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
post your question on the fuel systems forum....this one isn't for tech talk.
i put one in my scoot some time ago, tell you what i know.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
I will be waiting for your post. I am on Vacation this week, so it may take a bit to get to you, but I will do what I can.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
not sure what your specific concerns are or what negative stuff
you've heard. mine has been trouble free. the install is not tough,
simple directions walk you thru it. the unit is a tight fit tho, gotta
wrestle the connection to the ecm into place (my experience).

you provide v&h with your breather/pipe info and they give you
a map to programme into the box. the one drawback is the unit
is only designed the richen up your motor. other systems out
there have more options but this one is good enough for me so
far.

·
5,761 Posts
I see they moved it here........Cool.

The install varies from model to model, some are easier then others mine was a breeze. But from what I have found here is in the end it all works out fine.
From what you are going for (A stage one tuning) this will work out just fine for your bike as well.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have one on my 08 street bob. I think it's great. There is a thread in this forum on them. I have deciphered what a few of the values represent. 11,12,13 are more fuel at cruising speed,17 is enrichment across the whole rpm range. 23 is fuel cut off. If you are experiencing some popping on decel try upping 23. 11,12,13 will give you more umph at speed. The thread on the fuel pak is very informative.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My concern has been how reliable the Vance & hines fuel pack is. Three harley dealer told me that the HD racer tuner was better than the FP and could cause damage to my ECM. However; there is a local HD dealer that uses V/H FP on most of thier installs (even more than the PC) according to one service worker. The FP is cheaper by a buck fifty than HD tuner or tts. According to vance Hines thier FP does not require a dyno which is another $350. After speaking with you guys I leaning toward the FP and keeping my $500. I will post update once its done. thanks again

·
Ironbutt
7,415 Posts
My concern has been how reliable the Vance & hines fuel pack is. Three harley dealer told me that the HD racer tuner was better than the FP and could cause damage to my ECM. However; there is a local HD dealer that uses V/H FP on most of thier installs (even more than the PC) according to one service worker. The FP is cheaper by a buck fifty than HD tuner or tts. According to vance Hines thier FP does not require a dyno which is another $350. After speaking with you guys I leaning toward the FP and keeping my $500. I will post update once its done. thanks again
As you may know by now, you can't always trust what the dealer techs are telling you. For that matter, you shouldn't trust everything you read on a forum. However, as you can see, there are a lot of guys here that are happy with the fuel pak. I think for a stage-one it's a good option. Once you get past stage-one you need to move up to TTS (or similar) and a full dyno tune.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've had good luck with mine so far,installed it first with just a ness big sucker, then changed stock exhaust to V&H pro pipe chrome, had no problems with either map around town 50/50 street/highway gets 39 mpg

·
5,761 Posts
As you may know by now, you can't always trust what the dealer techs are telling you. For that matter, you shouldn't trust everything you read on a forum. However, as you can see, there are a lot of guys here that are happy with the fuel pak. I think for a stage-one it's a good option. Once you get past stage-one you need to move up to TTS (or similar) and a full dyno tune.
That is what I have been saying for years here. When most time there is an issue with the Fuelpak, it's usually someone who has pushed it past it's limit.

The new LCD is more adjustable and is closer to the PC V, so it can do more, but still has it's limits.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmmmm V&H Fuelpak?

I am new to the site. I have a bit of an issue concerning the V&H fuelpak. I ride an 06 FXSTI with a stage 1 upgrade from the dealership, SE heavy breather, Rinehart 2 into 1, and the V&H fuelpak. Upon install I programmed it as it said for the upgrades which was MAP #1503. Took it for a test run and noticed it ran really HOT and was very hesitant upon acceleration into 2nd gear. By hesitant I mean like it wasn't getting enough fuel or to much. So I called them up explained my problem and the tech tells me "well um.........change modes 7, 10, 11, and 12 to a plus 3." So I did. The running hot went away but the power went downhill bad. And the hesitation wasn't as bad but was still there. UGH! So I called back explained the whole deal and so the tech tells me to use MAP #0513. Ok. Look it up and it is for a bone stock 88ci FXSTI. Fine I'll try it. Runs ok but not as smooth as I think it should. Now at steady throttle I get a really harsh vibration. It gets worse at highway speeds (55+) the faster you cruise. I have not got back with V&H yet since the weekend so......... any suggestions? Cause otherwise I am going to get the SE Super Tuner and have it put on the Dyno! Also, does it do anything else like timing advance or is it just fuel management?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, Does anyone have a V&H fuel-Pak fitted to a late 2011 / 2012 model HD tourer?
and do the fuelpak values from the web give good clean running performance?
I live down under and have ordered one to arrive in a few weeks, If for some reason I run into problems I do hope that the forum members or V&H may be able to assist.
I have Kuryakyn true duals, Kuryakyn mellow crushers and Kuryakyn ally cat air on a 212 ultra classic

1 - 16 of 16 Posts