V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Vance & Hines

Got it, thanks!
Very cool video, wish it was longer.
I'm in the process of picking and choosing accessories for my V-rod.
Now that you've had yours for a while and are settling in, what's your opinion of it over-all. Are you still on your honeymoon with her?
Also, inregards to exhausts, what do you think of the sceaming eagle exhaust? Do you know when V&H will have a pipe on the market?

thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hey rhauft
I don't personally own one.. but the owner of the local dealer has just installed the screaming eagles on one and said that it got louder but didn't get much performance gain... ( I guess that is seat of the pants 'cause I don't thing he dyno'ed it)... Just talked to him at lunch... "duck

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
diverduck1

I test road my dealers V-rod with and without the screaming eagle pipe and I would agree. It does sound much better with very little gain for the buck. H-D.com has a dyno comparison and it's only a marginal 3-4% gain over 49-state stock. I live in CA so I'm leaning towards them just to get back to "rest of world" performance. I would like to hear from some owners who can advise whether it's worth the $600.00.

Rob

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
From reports the V&H dragbike has a 160 cu. in. 60 degree V-Twin, with PUSHRODS and AIRCOOLED. The pushrods are very short and the cams are at cylinder base height and belt driven from the crank. It is very exotic (read expensive), but a V-Rod?

We'll see how it does.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Don't get me wrong. I believe it is a extraordinary achievement if it stays together, by Byron Hines. And HD paid for it.

One just needs to know what one is looking at, and the best way to describe it is 50%Duck, 25%Vincent and 25%NASCAR, target built to rule 14 of the NHRA book, Paragraph12, the one that states "Oh gosh, after all we are Harley, give us a break"
The only weakness I can see in the design is the common crankpin, but there is no easy way around it.

I do wish them the best of luck, V&H generally make their own luck, and are not in the habit of losing.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: Vance & Hines

rhauft said:
Got it, thanks!
Very cool video, wish it was longer.
I'm in the process of picking and choosing accessories for my V-rod.
Now that you've had yours for a while and are settling in, what's your opinion of it over-all. Are you still on your honeymoon with her?
Also, inregards to exhausts, what do you think of the sceaming eagle exhaust? Do you know when V&H will have a pipe on the market?

thanks,
Rob
Rob-
I like the bike more every time I ride it. I'm more comfortable with it, so I can ride it harder in the turns, etc.
I haven't bought the SE pipes for it because they look the same as the stock ones. For $500, plus the cost of the reprogramming, I think I'll wait and see what else becomes available.
I heard that V&H will have pipes this summer.
Rich

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Rich,
Well I’m about a month away from taking delivery of my v-rod and I’m starting to get excited. For a while I was uncertain whether I’d ever get there since I’m one of the very few in CA paying MSRP. The closest dealer to me has sold 3 so far at $27,500.00 each!

I’ve gone ahead and ordered the SE pipes mostly because my dealer will warranty them and give me 20% off. If V&H comes out with something sweeter I can always sell the SE pipes on e-bay for close to what I paid.

Reading yours and other posts about this new scoot is driving me batty in anticipation! 1 more month!

Thanks for the feedback
Enjoy the ride
Rob

1 - 12 of 12 Posts