V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put Vance and Hines true duel exhaust on my 2011 street glide. Did everything by the book. However I seem to be having a problem with the right floor board. Before the change, nothing was wrong with it, now there is vibration and some tapping expecially on the down throttle or down shifting. I checked the position of the pipes and the heat shields, seems to be enough room. Everything is tight, not sure where the problem is coming from. Can anyone make a suggestion?

·
Registered
112 Posts
If I remember correctly there are washersthat you have to put behind the floorborad brackets to move the floorboard assembly away from the frame. I have seen where people have put the washers in the wrong place (on the outside of the floorboard brackets). Another thing that you may check is if you do have the washers in hte right place that you don't have the brackets in a bind by not having the allignment pins in the holes of the frame. Just a few suggestions! Good luck!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I just put Vance and Hines true duel exhaust on my 2011 street glide. Did everything by the book. However I seem to be having a problem with the right floor board. Before the change, nothing was wrong with it, now there is vibration and some tapping expecially on the down throttle or down shifting. I checked the position of the pipes and the heat shields, seems to be enough room. Everything is tight, not sure where the problem is coming from. Can anyone make a suggestion?
what kind of tunner did you put on it flow alot more that the cat is gone

·
Meehaw
238 Posts
If I remember correctly there are washersthat you have to put behind the floorborad brackets to move the floorboard assembly away from the frame. I have seen where people have put the washers in the wrong place (on the outside of the floorboard brackets). Another thing that you may check is if you do have the washers in hte right place that you don't have the brackets in a bind by not having the allignment pins in the holes of the frame. Just a few suggestions! Good luck!
Exactly. Mine still chattered a bit with the spacer in. But I once I tightened it, the chatter stopped, d'oh.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
True Duels

Thanks, I have all the washers in the right place. Even with the floor board moved out, It still looks like the heat shield is a little to close to the back side of the floor board mounting bar. As I can see by the scrapes on it. It looks pretty centered, but the right side of the cut out could be a little deeper on that side. I am going to loosen up the heat shield and try to center it a little better. Maybe that will help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts