V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just ordered a pro pipe for my eglide standard .On the Vand H site they have install instruction pdf. It says to remove the dipstick cover and the clutch release cover . Question number one has anyone installed this exhaust on their eglide? Queation 2 did they have to remove those covers or is there a way around it. Reason is I changed the fluids just about 1k ago I can change them again but would like to avoid it if possible. Thanx in advance for your replys.:huh:

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
I am not 100% on this but if the trans bracket has to be changed, then the bracket has one bolt behind the oil filler neck. It is really simple to do a couple bolts and you are done. I would recomend a new gasket but you may be able to get away with old one. IIRC you won't lose any oil.....

·
0043--Licensed to Doof!
4,369 Posts
I did it. You have to pull the covers to put the new pipe bracket on. If you put your bike on it's side stand, and pull the tranny cover, you'll only loose a couple of oz. You may or may not be able to get away with out changing the gasket. They're cheap, so just get one. Better to have and not need then need and not have. You could also run your bike up on a board, like a 2X12, both wheels, then lean it on the jiffy stand, that'll really lean it over. You may not loose any fluid then. Just don't try to short cut it. Use the V&H bracket. I really like mine, it's a sweet setup.

If you can afford it, while you're in there get the HD reduced effort clutch setup. You have to change the ramps inside the tranny door which will be off. Pull your primary cover, now you WILL have to change that oil, and put the clutch spring on. Worth every penny!!

and... while you're in the primary, might as well get the primary chain auto adjuster too!! Under a hundred bucks. Or you can go to Zannotti's online and get 20% off retail........
www.zanottimotor.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts