V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock 2005 flhti in the spring I wanna install the pro pipe hs along with the screamin eagle air filter kit stage 1 and a Vance and Hines fuel pac to adjust the fuel injection. What are your thoughts and experiences with this combo? Thanx for any responce. :hmmm:

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
You will gain some power with the pipe and AC combo, although with the stock cam and heads you won't get the full benefit of the scavenging effect of the Propipe. But you will be in good shape for future mods. You will definitely need adjustment to your mapping as the Propipe and AC will have you running lean(er) if left alone. Want a suggestion? Except for the small increase in rev limiter, you are wasting your money on the Stage I download from the dealer. Save the 150 and put it toward a cam that will let you gain more of the power from the pipe and ac change. Just MHO.

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
madplmber said:
dealer doesnt do downloads anymore im going with the fuel pac from vand h

Buy a SERT and do it yourself:flames:

·
Arrogant Bastard
1,264 Posts
bedemonster said:
I 3rd the SERT:cheers:
SERT or Power Commander depending on which you can find a good tuner for in your area. DO NOT buy a Fuelpak, I made that mistake and if you ever want to do anything more to your bike you'll be screwed for tuning. I was lucky and sold mine on e-bay for a few bucks less than I paid for it. The fuelpak is set up way to rich and you can't change it since no one knows WTF V&H uses each of the tuning numbers for and they ain't sayin either. My mileage was down to about 30mpg with the fuelpak, lots of decel backfire also.

Joe

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
been alot of bbad stuff said on here about the V&H FuelPak! I have never read a single positive comment about it.

·
Banned
871 Posts
madplmber said:
I have a stock 2005 flhti in the spring I wanna install the pro pipe hs along with the screamin eagle air filter kit stage 1 and a Vance and Hines fuel pac to adjust the fuel injection. What are your thoughts and experiences with this combo? Thanx for any responce. :hmmm:
Best pipes I've ever tried!! They sound awesome and just the pipes alone added tons of low end torque and completely eliminated the dip in the torque curve between 2000 and 3000 rpm on my EVO. Fit and finish are top rate, too! :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
V-H Pro Pipe (Comp. baffle)

I just ordered a V-H Pro Pipe for my dresser...
Can anyone comment about the competition baffle?
I ordered it as a seperate accessory item.
Will this baffle decrease torque and provide more noise, or will it decrease torque but increase high end hp, or both?
Thanks in advance...
BB

·
Premium Member
3,130 Posts
BennieB said:
I just ordered a V-H Pro Pipe for my dresser...
Can anyone comment about the competition baffle?
I ordered it as a seperate accessory item.
Will this baffle decrease torque and provide more noise, or will it decrease torque but increase high end hp, or both?
Thanks in advance...
BB
Have not heard good things about the competition baffle for street riding.
Loss of torque where you need it most. Best for running wide open.

·
I'm gonna powder his nose
537 Posts
The optional baffle, although louder is the way to go.

The only gripe I had with the Vinne pipe is that it's heavy, esp the meg section. Heavy and vibration usually end up breaking or cracking at the meg mount.

Any V&H owners have mount or meg failures out there?

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
ohiomotoxer said:

The only gripe I had with the Vinne pipe is that it's heavy, esp the meg section. Heavy and vibration usually end up breaking or cracking at the meg mount.

No failure, dump the muffler clamp and replace it with a new style HD part. Lean angle suffers, other than that great pipe

·
Banned
871 Posts
nvsteve said:
Have not heard good things about the competition baffle for street riding.
Loss of torque where you need it most. Best for running wide open.
I agree. The competition baffle is for just what it says... "competition" (high rpm running). It'll run like crap on the street. You will lose a good amount of the torque in the range you need it the most. I just use the baffle that came with the pipe and my EVO is hitting numbers in the mid-90s on the dyno, with the torque never dropping below 72 ft.lbs. :thumbsup: I tried modifying the basic baffle, adding and covering holes, removing the packing, etc. None of that made a significant difference, but I did lose a small amount of torque by adding more holes. The original configuration and it gave me the best runs.

·
Banned
871 Posts
ohiomotoxer said:

Never experienced nor even heard of that problem. If it's mounted properly and securely, then the weight won't be a problem and nothing will crack. I have heard of the T-header cracking, though. They appear to be made of thinner metal and the welds aren't the best. The T-header is still a good performing exhaust, though. I just think that the V&H system is more carefully designed for long-term use. IMHO :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
2-1 performance pipes

Thanks for all of your responses!

I went with the V-H 2-1 Pro Pipe b/c I had the 2-1 Screamin Eagle Pro pipe on my FXDX, which I just traded in for an FLTRI. I have nothing but great things to say about the performance of the SE Pro pipe. My only complaint was that it was too quite. Torque down low was awesome!

Based on the success of my hard charging SE Pro pipe, I bought a Fatboy and exchanged the stock pipe w/ a Python 2-1. That pipe is also an awesome performer. (I've had great success with Python 3s in the past too, but the 2-2 design did not have the torque kick of a good 2-1). As soon as I removed the baffle from my Python 2-1, I noticed a fair bit of torque loss, but the sound is all big block V-8.

Based on that experience, I opted to get a V-H Pro-pipe HS for my bagger.
The message here is that 2-1 performance pipes are really the only way to go for performance. They sound somewhat unique and different to all 2-2 pipes, but I'll trade the sound for performance, any day.

Happy New Year to all of you. Ride safe,

BB

·
Premium Member
7,089 Posts
Just came across this thread. I found my Pro Pipe bracket cracked and broken off at the engine area today. I kept hearing a weird rattling sound and when I got home found it cracked. In defense of the bracket, I've had this pipe for going on 5 years and never had an issue with it even considering the muffler bounces all over the place at idle. Interestingly though when I put the pipe on way back when I was looking at the bracket and saying to myself that it's going to break sooner or later right where I found it broke.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts