V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know if V&H makes a quite baffle for the Oval slip-ons? Or some way to quite them down a little. They are a little too loud on an extended trip.

Thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think they make them? You can take out the curved baffles and try wrapping them with fiberglass & tape. You'd have to re-map though.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks. I emailed V&H but didn't get a reply. They are just a little too loud for an extended trip.

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
george douglas said:
What did you have to pay for the V&H's slip ons?
I almost hate to answer this because I'll find out I could have saved some money. :duh?: I got mine thru Direct Parts for 400 bucks. I'm looking for the true dual header pipes if you know where I can get a deal on some. Most I've seen are going for around 300 bucks.:brows:

·
Nice to ride again :-)
1,802 Posts
FatDave said:
Ok thanks. I emailed V&H but didn't get a reply. They are just a little too loud for an extended trip.
If you think they are loud now, the duels really wake them up.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Just gotta love those duals. Installed mine last week and they rock. Never had any problems with V&H products. 3rd set on two bikes. Definately like the looks of the duals compared to the stock header pipe and well worth the $300. Not looking for big performance gains on this bike as compared to my Lowrider. Just wanting a nice deep "Harley" sound and that package does a great job. May have been fine with the Rineharts as well but just like the looks of the ovals better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts