V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
While i'm waiting on the 6speed recall on my 06 SuperGlide i'm going to get togeather the parts i need for a warm 95" build. right now my game plan goes like this.
Bore a spare set of 88 jugs to Weisco 95" pistons 9.5 or 10-1 CR?
Do a mild street port to the heads with, the intake port matched to the heads
SE 211 cam kit along with SE valvesprings
SE roller rocker arms
SE TC rocker arm supports
SE push rods
New Valves - size & Mfg.?
Weisco forged pistons-CR?
K&N SE air filter/houseing
2into1 header - most likely ThunderHeader
Upgraded? ignition - coil, wires, plugs, ignition Multi-spark control box :dunno:
SE SERT race tuner

Should i go 9.5 or 10-1 CR?
Ignition?
Which brand and size valves would work best with the parts i have chosen?
i'm leaning toward keeping the stock intake size and adding a larger size ext. valve :dunno:
i'd like to get in the 90hp 90ft tq range and still run 93 hightest pump trash/gas . am i on the right track?

·
Premium Member
1,261 Posts
I'm amazed no one has jumped into this post yet. My suggestion would be a few less parts, a few different parts, less money and you should easily reach your goal. Feel free to ask more questions.

Bean

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
baggersport said:
I'm amazed no one has jumped into this post yet. My suggestion would be a few less parts, a few different parts, less money and you should easily reach your goal. Feel free to ask more questions.

Bean
i know some of the parts are overkill but i'm also looking for more mods/hp latter.
input by all welcome

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Thomas Howard said:
While i'm waiting on the 6speed recall on my 06 SuperGlide i'm going to get togeather the parts i need for a warm 95" build. right now my game plan goes like this.
SE roller rocker arms
SE push rods
Upgraded? ignition - coil, wires, plugs, ignition Multi-spark control box :dunno:
SE SERT race tuner

Ignition?
i'm leaning toward keeping the stock intake size and adding a larger size ext. valve :dunno:
i'd like to get in the 90hp 90ft tq range and still run 93 hightest pump trash/gas . am i on the right track?
You would have an easier time and less money I think if you went with the Revolution 98" kit with a Andrews 37G cam, JET Heads and Airstack A/C and the ThunderHeader. Then find someone that works with the TechnoResearch system instead of the SERT race tuner. Doing that you have to figure out what you are going to do with 97hp and 108ft tq. Stay away from chain drive cams. They cost you 3 to 4hp. You forgot to mention if you have a carb or EFI.
%[email protected]

·
Knower of Stuff
1,978 Posts
I will jump in what the He!!.
You can easily get 100/100 for only a little more money than you are throwing at it now.
Get some high lift gear drive cams to make use of the roller rockers and SE rocker arm supports. Something from Woods like the TW-5G or TW-6HG.
Get a Ness big sucker or something similar rather than the SE because they comes with a K&N filter already.
Have your head porter set it up for the cam you want and the correct CR for the cam. Port, CC and mill the heads and set the springs up for the lift.
Get compression releases to save the starter.
Stock valves on an "06 work fine in a ported head. No need to change size.
Install the sert and dyno tune it, it will give 100/100 range.
Stock coil, and wires are fine.
Why do it twice unless you are looking to go big with a stroker or bored cases.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
wkohn said:
You would have an easier time and less money I think if you went with the Revolution 98" kit with a Andrews 37G cam, JET Heads and Airstack A/C and the ThunderHeader. Then find someone that works with the TechnoResearch system instead of the SERT race tuner. Doing that you have to figure out what you are going to do with 97hp and 108ft tq. Stay away from chain drive cams. They cost you 3 to 4hp. You forgot to mention if you have a carb or EFI.
%[email protected]
If he's running the SERT it has to be EFI. All ignition adjustments are done through the ECU or EFI module on the EFI, so forget the multispark stuff, too. And like Little Bear says, no need for coil or wires.

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
GRock said:
If he's running the SERT it has to be EFI. All ignition adjustments are done through the ECU or EFI module on the EFI, so forget the multispark stuff, too. And like Little Bear says, no need for coil or wires.
You know I read that and then forgot that I read it. Guess I had a brain fart.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thomas Howard said:
SE roller rocker arms
SE push rods
SE SERT race tuner

Ignition?
B]Ok so port the heads but keep the stock valves.
Scratch the ignition.
Gear drive cams to match the heads.
Valve springs to match the cam.
I already have the SE AC backing plate with K&N filter
Right now the bike has the SE AC backing plate with K&N filter with free flowing stock pipes and Stage 1 down load [/B][/SIZE]

·
2005 Road King Classic
2,645 Posts
Thomas Howard said:
B]Ok so port the heads but keep the stock valves.
Scratch the ignition.
Gear drive cams to match the heads.
Valve springs to match the cam.
I already have the SE AC backing plate with K&N filter
Right now the bike has the SE AC backing plate with K&N filter with free flowing stock pipes and Stage 1 down load [/B][/SIZE]
And check out this web site. http://www.johnsonenginetechnology.com/ Read about velocity of the air flow in the heads.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Street port the heads, keep the valves, set the heads up for at least 10:1 (10.5 is better with the 579), .030 head gasket, SS 570G if like the extra noise (there are lots of guys running 100+/100+ on the chains and there is a similar grind available in chain drive) Wiseco forged flat tops and all the rest except the SE valve train stuff, you really don't need it; nice to have but stock stuff will do just fine. Whatever you do, spend some time studying cams and compression; that is the key to optimizing the performance of the TC88 engine and, of course, you need to find a good tuner.

Later,
djl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts