V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Doesn't seem far off. Dealer has 97 Electra Glide Classic, 17k miles 11k. I know a guy last yeat sold two FXDWG, 98&99 around 10-15k miles for 10-11 each.
Look in local papers. That is the best thing to do find out what your market is at. Could ask for 12.5

Also a bank will not finance more then NADA. I paid $100 NADA for mybike and had to pay the $100 in cash. So something to think about. That is the problem with bikes that have lot sof extras. Hard to finance.

Check out local classifieds that is your best bet.

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
So-so. Theres lots of bikes for sale 10-20k mileage. But I think NADA assumes a certain mileage per year. To me that is reasonable for that year. Like I said check out local classifieds. Market for bike sales will bike up in couple moths too.
I got 34k on mine and still going.

·
Harley Fanatic
1,058 Posts
I would think that the '99 not being counterbalanced would lower the price somewhat. I would expect to pay $12k for a 2000, but not a '99.

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
atengnr said:
Does it having 35k miles make much of a difference?
Average milage for a motorcycle is 3-5K per year. This one is on the upper edge of normal.

On a high milage bike the important thing would be documentation of regular maintenance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.