V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you ladies usually get from your man on Valentine's Day? Or what do you do?

This past weekend at my son's hockey tournament they had a drawing for a chocolate rose for the kid's to give their mom's for valentine's day. Well, my son won one. My husband's response was: "Well, that raises the bar for me!" Ha! ain't that the truth I said!:rolleyes: ...LOL

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well it's been awhile since I've shared v-day with anyone, and once again I'm left alone on this stupid holiday :(
Normally I would cook for him, which I rarely do, and then depending on what he gave me would be the other thing I would give him.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Same boat here Biker Babe. Last year when I was seeing my now ex, I gave her a big teddy bear and on its wrist I placed a silver heart shaped bracelet. Later we went out to dinner and at the end we snuggled and relaxed.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
doc526 said:
Same boat here Biker Babe. Last year when I was seeing my now ex, I gave her a big teddy bear and on its wrist I placed a silver heart shaped bracelet. Later we went out to dinner and at the end we snuggled and relaxed.

Wow that is so cool. She should'nt be an ex.... she lost a good guy.

Cheri

·
Traveling Man
1,272 Posts
AHHH! Valentines day! I see it as a time for those special ones in your life...those who help make your days brighter, share your up and down times, and truly care about how you are feeling and give the true friendship that is hard to express in words. These are my special valentines. Whether a spouse, SO, friend or whoever, it is a time to express how truly special they are to you. That's the way I feel....a time for expressing how you value the relationship at a time when it can be presented without feeling like it may be unappropriate . What gift or how I show this would depend on what type of relationship it was. Wouldn't want to give the wife a card and a friend a sexy teddy LOL ...or is it the other way around? :D

·
Registered
22,089 Posts
It's always been a tradition for me to write my own valentine's day poem. This year things are well,.. changing...so that traditon will end. But for those guys out there looking for a little more than some trinket and hallmark from Walmart, a home made card with a personalized message can go a long way. Happy Valentines day girlz and guyz. Don't over look valentines day, it's the one time of the year when we are EXPECTED to tell someone how much we love them.

·
Woo-hoo
2,579 Posts
When I was with the Ex- boyfriend, last year.. I took him to the Long Horn (steak place) for dinner.. then went back to the house,, and just relaxed, (after being without power for 11 days, ..ice storm).. sure felt good..to have the power back on...

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Thanks ladies. :D

·
THE STURGIS QUEEN
2,920 Posts
as i said in a nother post on a diff thread.......my OM is not one that goes and buys roses, cards. sexy teddies.....in stead, he likes to do practical things......ones that he knows i would appreciate.....so i got my oil changed in my car...........LOL.....and guess what.........I DID APPRECIATE IT!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

·
Registered
1,891 Posts
This morning on my way out the door I left a small teddy bear wearing a leather vest right beside my baby's chair. I put a silver heart shaped bracelet around it's neck, and also left a card. Later she called me at work to say how much she liked the bear and the card. When I asked her if she liked the bracelet, she said "what bracelet?". Oops. I should've kept quiet and surprised her later I guess.

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
Just got a call, she loved and was totally surprised by the flowers, balloon, and bear that were waiting for her at work today! I think tonight's gonna be a good night! She was shocked I got her work address! Cracked me up! She works at a bank, address wasn't to hard to find.

Happy Valentine's Day all! I hope it's a good one for everyone!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
On my lunch hour, I stopped and bought one white and one pink rose and hand deliverd them to Amy (girl im seeing).

Amy and I email each other while at work everyday and today she asked me if I was going to stop by. I replied no due to too much going on. Well she was suprised to see me when I walked in, but her reaction was priceless when I gave her the roses I was hiding in my jacket. She gave me this "OH MY GOD":eek: look. but it was a good suprise look. That alone really made my day!! :D

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Yeah we're tough guys all right. I took off at 10 this morning and instead of giving the better half candy I'm making a dark chocolate tart, the one on the cover of Bon Appetit this month.
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
We get each other Harley parts for our bikes - this year I got him braided brake lines for his Sportster. I am not sure what he got me yet - still waiting for him to get home from work.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts