V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 02 FLHT with CVcarb. I switched to reserve once , last season, and ever since the petcock has been giving me problems, and it becomes hard to start once the motor is warm. Currently I am switching to an S&S E model, any recommendations on a retrofit, or swapping out that POS for a traditional petcock? Thanks.

·
Registered
260 Posts
No help here. I run an S&S E with a traditional factory petcock. Will replace with a billet version when funds allow.

I just wanted to point you to this great article. Second tip down-
Tuning the S&S E carb

Good Luck

·
Banned
21,644 Posts
Ka-Ka- replace with a billet version of the petcock? Plastic has been cracked on m ine for couple years. Been looking for a metal one. All I see is metal covers. What did you find?

·
Registered
6,413 Posts
Nothing wrong with vacuum petcock. Why not take it apart and see what the problem is. There is also a "service kit" available from HD for it for about $8.

Hard to start after the engine is warm doesn't sound like a petcock problem. Have you checked the gas line routing? Is the gas line still shrouded with the ribbed tubing?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.