V-Twin Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty sure my wife and I will be heading down for this in early May. Her brother owns a bar in the area, and we hardly ever see him. Anybody else planning to go? Any reports from previous years?

http://www.vabeachbikeclassic.com

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
Sinker,

I might try to make that one. If nothing else maybe for just one day.

Keep ya posted.

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We've been threatening to ride down to see my wife's brother in VA Beach for a few years, and now we're out of excuses.

The directions are a little tricky. Pick up US 13 South in Wilmington, DE. Go 200 miles south on US 13. Cross the Bay Bridge/Tunnel. Have a beverage.

Maybe I'll hold off on the GPS.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
vafatboy said:
Sinker,

Keep ya posted.
I've been wanting to go down there for a day trip myself with the wife but can't really go for much more than a day. I may be up for it also.

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
Sinker said:
I'm pretty sure my wife and I will be heading down for this in early May. Her brother owns a bar in the area, and we hardly ever see him. Anybody else planning to go? Any reports from previous years?
http://www.vabeachbikeclassic.com[/URL]
Hey there! My husband and I are definitely going with at least 4 other people from here. We already have reservations - we'll be driving up on Thursday May 4 and heading home on Sunday the 7th.

What bar is it that your wife's brother owns?

My husband has family that are owners of the biker bar Boneshakers, so we'll definitely be hanging out there. He says that the entire thing is enclosed in the fairgrounds - not spread out like Daytona or Myrtle Beach.

http://www.boneshakerssaloon.com/home.htm

It's supposed to be a good time - I've never been and I'm looking forward to checking out a new rally. Maybe we can meet up with you & any other VTF folks...

·
Premium octane member
7,381 Posts
Been to boneshakers 4 times now..Its a REALLY cool bar. Nice atmoshphere if you are a biker anyway. I am going down to va again in april and may, may have to move the date so it will coincide(SP).

·
ORIGINAL DOOF BABE
3,954 Posts
TXCHOP said:
Been to boneshakers 4 times now..Its a REALLY cool bar. Nice atmoshphere if you are a biker anyway. I am going down to va again in april and may, may have to move the date so it will coincide(SP).
I've heard Boneshakers is awesome - I'm looking forward to checking it out. And maybe getting a little VIP treatment too since I'm now "family" to a couple of the owners (by way of riding in on my husband's coattails). LOL!

We'll have to post a little closer to the time of the rally to see who may be there.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
vafatboy said:
Sinker,

Keep ya posted.
Count me in...at least for a day too...we'll have to get Doug, Chris, Jeff, Billy and the other delinquents together for that ride...

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
Sinker said:

http://www.vabeachbikeclassic.com
Hey...you'll have to join the delinquents for a ride...bet ya know a few of 'em...:hmmm:

·
Yet another 43 Double D
626 Posts
Great plan

Good idea for a day trip, count me in!

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
swmnkdinthervr said:
Count me in...at least for a day too...we'll have to get Doug, Chris, Jeff, Billy and the other delinquents together for that ride...
I'm in :cool:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just got around to making reservations...Rodeway Inn on Pacific Ave has decent rates (don't need oceanfront for a bike event!). We're heading down early Friday and coming home Sunday.

·
FYJIGM
1,147 Posts
HD-LUX said:
I could be in for a day trip on the 6th -- at least for the bikini contest.
That's the day I had in mind also. We can depart as the sun is rising and come home when it sets. Should be a good ride if we can gather most of the Delinquents. There are twice as many now since November. All a great bunch and we even have multiple dyna's treking along not just Billy anymore.

·
EASY DOES IT
8,914 Posts
I know I'm in now...38 Special plays there Saturday evening for those who might stay over...

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
I'm / we're there.

Sinker, you should be ready for a pit stop around Milton, that's where we live and we will join the ride there.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I live locally about 20-25 miles away.....I don't plan to attend the event, but I'm up for a meet & greet at Boneshakers.

The only day I can make it is Saturday, so if y'all plan on lunch at Boneshakers I'll see ya there.:cheers:

·
Infidel
6,331 Posts
hmc_retired said:
I live locally about 20-25 miles away.....I don't plan to attend the event, but I'm up for a meet & greet at Boneshakers.

The only day I can make it is Saturday, so if y'all plan on lunch at Boneshakers I'll see ya there.:cheers:

That would be great! :woohoo:

It looks like Saturday is shaping up to be the day of choiuce for the down and back crowd. :yes:

Where exactly is Boneshakers? :confused:

And while I'm askin' questions, Boneshakers is a restaurant right?

·
Delinquent
1,780 Posts
wyodude said:
That would be great! :woohoo:

It looks like Saturday is shaping up to be the day of choiuce for the down and back crowd. :yes:

Where exactly is Boneshakers? :confused:

And while I'm askin' questions, Boneshakers is a restaurant right?

Saturday is good for me.

I don't know.

I think so.

Let's take 17 down.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts