V-Twin Forum banner

V-Twin Forums Ride of the Month 2017 Event 5

11K views 97 replies 22 participants last post by  Dannyboy58 
#1 · (Edited)
OK here it is, the fifth V-Twin Forums Ride of the Month event for 2017.

In keeping with the previously voted on format, this month is an open event. Any V-Twin scooter can be entered. Long as you own it, it plays.

So now it's riding season more or less across all of the states, so there should be plenty of riders out and about. So take a photo or two and enter em up.

Just to make things sporting, this month the 2nd and 3rd place entries will carry over to the end of year events. That three scooters moving into the run off rounds.

As always, please remember to format those entries properly. And keep comments on topic in the entry thread. Don't re-post entry photos in your quotes. Save the fun and harassment for the poll threads.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Transmission(5sp, 6sp etc):
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
And the story:
Photo(s)
You can use these as inspiration.
Example of a simple entry with one photo: http://www.v-twinforum.com/forums/4941906-post2.html

#10 ·
OK since we are having a lot of issues with simple instructions this month, here it is again.

OK here it is, the fifth V-Twin Forums Ride of the Month event for 2017.

Bla bla bla

As always, please remember to format those entries properly. And keep comments on topic in the entry thread. Don't re-post entry photos in your quotes. Save the fun and harassment for the poll threads.

Bla bla bla

#14 ·
Hey Therm. How much to fix the vote and let him win. We can take up a collection.

#25 · (Edited)
Well,here I go hated by Th and Au but asking for Forgiveness and votes on my R ruh!
1993 FXLR lowered 2"
96" S&S crate engine with a G2 Zippers (Thunder Jet Pro)
Single fire ignition-Dyna 3 ohm coils
Brocks Swingarm (0-3" over)
GSXR Rear Caliper and Hanger
Brocks Drag Shocks (Ohlins)
GlidePro mounts
RevTech 5 speed Builders
17 x 4.50 rear wheel 160 X 60 Tire
19 x 2.5 Front 90-90
2" Under Fork Dampeners
Corbin Seat
Autometer Speedo
RB Racing Pro Stock 2" Pipe
I have been putting a new inverted frontend in the works, Brock Trees, ZX14 Forks, and Galfer 330mm Rotors coming together,
Been in family a long rime, ride a lot on weekends and occasional drive to and from Drags. Still have love for sportbikes, but this FXR I love. Been very good to me WERA, IDBA NHRA (P.S.leave my baby along, I cropped her head off:boobies:

Someone removed my main pic, Why?

Attachments

#31 ·
I just remembered I am using Chrome, I had that trouble before with chrome, teeny tiny lil baby pics COME THROUGH LIL PEOPLE!

#45 · (Edited)
Year:1980
Model:FLT, Tour Glide
Eng size:80ci.+.030in.
Transmission(5sp, 6sp etc):Rebuilt Stock 5spd.
Pipes:Stock True Duals with opened up cans and a missing heat shield
Seat:Ebay Stock Replacement
Wheels:Factory Supplied

And the story:I bought this bike off of ebay roughly 7 yrs.ago.It was a rolling basket case.Mileage was unknown.
The transmission leaked,the cylinder heads leaked,the enclosed chain drive and inner primary were trashed,it had a S&S B carb on it.
I rebuilt the transmission,found a nos inner primary and replaced the primary chain,final drive chain and sprockets.The carb was replaced with a S&S E.The bottom end of the engine was good so I had the heads rebuilt,replaced the pistons with cast .030 over's and a fresh rebore and hone.The cam was replaced with a Andrews A2 cam.New tires and brake pads.
It is no beauty queen but it is reliable now and will pull 100 mph.with ease.

The FLT is considered the Grandfather of all modern touring HD models.Many firsts for this year bike,such as rubber mounted engine and 5 spd.transmission.The FXR borrowed the frame for its platform.

Here is a detailed list of the features introduced and or included for the 1980 FLT.

Series FLT-80 Tour Glides

First Year

The Model FLT-80 Tour Glide is an all-new model powered by the 80ci motor

Engine, primary case and transmission bolted into one unit

Three-point rubber-mounted vibration isolated engine

Five-speed transmission

Oil-bath enclosed rear chain

"Sport bike" steering geometry

New frame of welded tubes and stampings

Frame extending in front of the steering head

Frame featuring a rectangular steel backbone, no center post, two downtubes, and shocks in position to allow more rear wheel travel

Cone cover shape to oil tank

Wheelbase measures 62.5in

16in wheels

Weight ( tank half-full ) is 7811b

"Classic" logo on tiont fender

Instruments mounted on the forks

Improved exhaust system

Frame-mounted fairing with dual headlights

Spin-on oil filter

Motorola electronic ignition featuring an electronic advance mechanism

Larger than standard saddlebags and top box

Frame-mounted seat

Dual 10in disc front brakes

Rear brake is single 12in disc

Storage compartments in fairing

Tank without mounted speedometer

Footboards not spring-mounted

Ignition switch includes a integral Fork lock

Two-piece heel-and-toe shifter

Photos:

https://ibb.co/nLqgA6

https://image.ibb.co/cRgXHm/P1000872.jpg

Thanks for your interest.

This post has been deleted
#57 ·
Maybe I should enter again ? Nah, the woopin' I got from Springer was enough for this year. :spank:
Besides Green bikes matter. [emoji23]
I look at the scenery behind the bikes not just the bike. Like that picture of the toad wagon. What nice trees behind it. We don't see many birch trees down here.
Garages count too. See I have a tin garage and it is a pleasure to look at the different set ups.
Mebbe have a vtwin garage month. Just a thought.

Sent from my Z818L using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.