V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Local dealer has an 07 Wide Glide with 800 miles that was taken on trade. I'm trading an 04 VRSCA with Reactor Wheels, Rinehart 2:1, and tons of chrome. My bike has 4,200 miles and is perfect. What is a reasonable cash difference?

·
Banned
9,436 Posts
drmustang said:
Local dealer has an 07 Wide Glide with 800 miles that was taken on trade. I'm trading an 04 VRSCA with Reactor Wheels, Rinehart 2:1, and tons of chrome. My bike has 4,200 miles and is perfect. What is a reasonable cash difference?
Look at kbb.com for what they value both of them, trade and retail. The tons of chrome on the v-rod will net you nothing. Additionally, dealers don't seem to be able to unload v-rods so they won't give you anything near what it is worth. My guess is that you're looking at at least an $8K difference.

Lefty

·
Premium Member
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Took the V-rod to the dealer for a trade appraisal against the 07 Wide Glide.

They offered me a $5,000. cash difference. Not sure what to do. The WG is a slug compared to the V-rod in the go department but looks good.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Really different bikes. Pretty easy to hop up the Dyna to equal the v Rod (assuming it is a basically stock 1130).

Any way you can get the Dyna and keep the Rod? There are some pretty amazing deals to be had on Harleys these days.

·
HATER OF THE GRAVEL!!!!!!
5,761 Posts
The best way too go here is to put the V-rod for sale (E-bay doers work) and sell it yourself.
Take the cash to the dealer, then start to haggle.

·
XLIII
10,078 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts