V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddie who ask my opinion of the V-Rod. I don't know anything about the V-Rod so I don't have an opinion. Thought maybe some of you guys might help us out. You know, likes/dislikes...pros/cons...anything that a V-Rod owner/rider might have to say about his ride. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
795 Posts
As a V rod owner, I'm very pleased with my choice. Its plenty fast when I want it to be, yet I can ride with the local HOG chapter and not fell like I'm working to keep it in the powerband. Ony real problems I've had are the fuel sending unit,replaced under warrenty after 3 trips to the dealer, and a persistant clunk in the front end that goes away when the fall away and preload is readjusted but comes back in a few thousand miles.The aluminum on the bike is a pain to polish, especially the disc wheels and the swingarm. Oh and the hydralic clutch has never felt"right" to me. The lever has plenty of travel but does'nt begin to engage till its about 1" from the end of its travel. Even replaced it with a Barnett unit but still the same. The clutch I took out looked like new so it apperars not to be a mechanical problem just an odd feel to me. Riding by myself I usually go about 90-100 mi. between fillups, with friends riding aircooled HD's, about 120-130 mi. If your into attention, it gets lots of that. Mines an 04 A model with 11,000 mi Bags are difficult, the stock ones are too small. i went with Leatherpros. Easy to take off too. Has a windvest windshield to knock some of the wind off and make all day rides a bit more comfortable. If it dissapeared, I'd take the Ins. money and buy another in a heartbeat.
Ed

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am also very pleased with mine. I have a '04 B Model. If I ride with my chapter I get up to 44mpg. If I am on my own it drops to mid 30's because I like to twist the throttle. People are always coming up and asking me questions about the bike. One complaint is the small gas tank. I also changed the rims because I didn't like how wind affected the solid rims. There is a big debate on solid vs open wheels. Otherwise no problems.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I own both 2003 V-Rod and a 2006 Street Glide. I love both bikes because they are so different. The V-Rod is great because of the awesome power it has and styling that stops people in their tracks to ask questions. Only thing I don't like about the V-Rod is for long distance runs it is not comfortable. Also my wife (5'4" and 100 lbs) hates to ride on the back and that's even with the upgraded Sundowner touring seat. For quick spins around town nothing beats the V-Rod.

But I do find myself more and more loving to ride the new Street Glide. It doesn't have the power of the V-Rod, but it looks great and is oh so comfortable. I love the Harmon Kardon radio and cruise control. The touring bikes are awesome in their own way.

To each his own... But after owning both bikes I'd pick the Street Glide. Anyone want to buy a chromed out V-Rod?

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Fastest Production Harley on the Planet:wootdnc: !Nuff said!:cheers:I Love Mine!!!~!Awesome! ,and:welcome: !!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love my 2003 VRSCA with Luxury Rich Red on Red Ghost Flames! ?prty:
I went from a 883XLC to the VRod and cannot be happier. It is easy to handle, comfortable as I have modified the seat, foot controls and, grips. Being a rider who is just in it for the love of it all I am not into the details of the technical stuff that you might be looking for here. I keep it well maintained according to the Service Manager at the dealership and ride until I want to go home.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
I love my 2003 VRSCA with Luxury Rich Red on Red Ghost Flames! ?prty:
I went from a 883XLC to the VRod and cannot be happier. It is easy to handle, comfortable as I have modified the seat, foot controls and, grips. Being a rider who is just in it for the love of it all I am not into the details of the technical stuff that you might be looking for here. I keep it well maintained according to the Service Manager at the dealership and ride until I want to go home.
:welcome: Post some Pic's when you have a chance!;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
SuperKaz said:
:welcome: Post some Pic's when you have a chance!;)

I am not a paid member here but, check out a thread on V-RodForums.com entitled, "Anyone else out there red with red ghost flames?" and then check out my gallery there. In spring I will be taking new photos to keep up with the mods and to do a better job showing the ghost flames. My current pics do them NO justice at all.

·
World's Fastest V-roder
1,907 Posts
Diamond Lil said:
I am not a paid member here but, check out a thread on V-RodForums.com entitled, "Anyone else out there red with red ghost flames?" and then check out my gallery there. In spring I will be taking new photos to keep up with the mods and to do a better job showing the ghost flames. My current pics do them NO justice at all.
Thats cool for now,but there's allot of Good advice on this Forum .:corn: We also have some Great Old Timers in some of the other Forums with Years of riding expertice to talk with too{salute( !

www.superkazracing.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts