V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At long last, picked her up Saturday around closing time. Gotta give it up to my dealer, McGuire H-D, Walnut Creek CA. They made me feel like the prom queen through the entire process. Lots of good schwagg thrown in as icing on the cake. There’s a brewpub next door, so my bud and me got there “a bit early” and chilled at the bar. Approx. an our later I got a tap on the shoulder from the GM of the H-D store; “excuse me sir, do you know anyone around here looking for a “ride” home? Next thing you know my wallet is much thinner and I am finally a proud owner of a V-rod.

Btw, CA bikes definitely do have separate VIN numbers due to EPA regs. All that stuff will be mute after the 1K check-up when they install the SE kit.

First impressions: THIS BIKE ROCKS!
Amazing, every where you go, people congregate around it like a chrome magnet. I took a 75 mi. putt Sunday thru the East Bay hills and stopped at a few traditional Bay Area haunts. First stop was on Grizzly Peak at a place called “The Wall”. Probably 50-60 bikers of all varieties, BBQing steaks and pounding beers while taking in the bay view. Well, I think a few steaks got burned when we pulled in because they all stopped what ever they were doing to get a peak, LOFs.

I probably talked to 75-100 folks Sunday, most of them traditional Harley owners. I was pleasantly surprised with the reception. Our last stop was a notorious bar up in the North Bay. The parking lot filled with bad-ass hogs of all vintages. I pulled into a regular space behind. As I was shutting down, a dude (custom Fatboy rider) walked up to me and said: “No way are you parking that thing back there! I asked why not? “Because that is the most sought after motorcycle on the face of the earth and it belongs right out front where we can all get a good look at her”. I obliged.

Nuff said, this is going to be fun:D

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
Congrats, Rob. You've joined a very exclusive group!!!!;)

I find your experience with the traditional H/D community rather encouraging. Some "old school" H/D riders have voiced an objection to the water cooled engine. As more V-Rods are on the road, and as the
old timers see how the general population takes to the bike, I think
they'll be won over.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts