V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 long months of anticipation, I finally got the word today that my V-Rod shipped Thurs 02/21. Should be here in CA by 03/01, just in time for some spring weather. Looks like March is coming in like a lion and going out like a screaming eagle! Yeehaw!

Gotta shop insurance. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Rob

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rob

Congrats on the vrod making it. I know you will enjoy it. I had a hard time keeping mine slow enough to break it in according to the book. Mine is VIN # ......3037 and I took delivery in late January.

As far as insurance, I went with HD insurance. They were 20% less than my regular broker. She even recommended them.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
???

They must be stockpiling V-rods because my Vin is lower than yours (2696). Doesn't make much sense to me. Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks for the Ins. tip. I found a local provider that was much lower than H-D. Pacific Specialty is the name and they were about 33% lower.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Got mine just before Xmas and my is 17something, I had State farm but went with Harley Insurance, about the same price
but a lot better coverage and they cover half the value of the bike on Harley parts for free and I have all ready spent over
$2500 on Harley parts.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vin #

Very strange about vins, makes no sense. Maybe Calif bikes go in different sequences. I'll ask my dealer when it finally lands here.

Two more weeks!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
V-rod update

I helped unpack the crate last night! The bummer is all the techs are in training this week so they can't prep it until end of next week:mad:

Days feel like weeks!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How many miles do ya' have on that baby???
Howdy Jim,
Short answer: 0
Long answer: Delivery has been held up due to part delays (wheels) and due to the techs being out all last week. They have been playing catch-up all this week.

The good news: Found out what kind of beer they drink... Got the call tonight (friday). They said they are hell-bent to deliver her tomorrow afternoon:D

stay tuned

·
Premium Member
3,694 Posts
COOL!:D

So by Sunday night, we should have the REPORT!!!! We'll cross our fingers that it works out for tomorrow. And you get to put some miles on that bike....

We all know that it'll take 6 hours to get that bike from the dealer and all that have to do is put on a part that should take 5 minutes. We all feel your frustration. But hang in there. You'll have the bike, very, very soon.

And beer always works......

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really appreciate the kind words of encouragement. It has helped me get through these last few agonizing days of anticipation. All things considered the dealer has been very obliging, no complaints. I am so looking forward to my first ride down the coast, through Santa Cruz, Monterey and a beer in Big Sur at my favorite pit stop.

The big question: Will I get any sleep...? and, will I get any rest after I take delivery...?

Have great weekend,
Rob

·
Registered
16 Posts
rhauft,

That is interesting about your VIN. I picked mine up on 2/16 and it's something in the mid 3ks. What does the build date say on the sticker on the side of the frame? Mine was 02/02 - same month I picked it up.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Born on dates

I thought everything was bigger in Texas? Not your insurance rates!

I got the skinny on Vin. numbers; because of stricter EPA regs, California Vehicles have separate Vins than ROW (rest of world). My scoot was born 01/02. Same month as me...43 yrs later.

·
Registered
16 Posts
rhauft,

After I posted the message about the VIN, I saw where you addressed it in another message. That's good to know and I was not aware of that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts