V-Twin Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting my 2003 v-rod soon...anyone using the stock HD v-rod engine guards? Wonder if they will accept highway pegs?

·
IronButthead
980 Posts
A friend of mine just did it to his '02. they went on easily and he loves having the new foot position! How they look is more a matter of personal preference I suppose.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Quicksilver,
Where did the saddlebags come from and how do they attach?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quicksilver...thanks for the the pix....the fog lights are a neat idea.......whose are they & where did you find them?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've got the engine guards and fog lights on my V-Rod. The fog lights are HD Part No. 68913-98A and retail at your local dealership for $124.95. Not a bad price. When installing the fog lights, go the extra mile and drill a hole in each guard to conceal the wiring. Otherwise, you must use the black plastic cable straps that are supplied with the kit, and they mess up the flush look. I run the fog lights at all times during the day; when you go to high-beam, the fog lights shut off. There is also a general on-off switch. These lights are super for additional conspicuity during the day. In fact, I have had several occasions where cars that I am approaching from behind will pull over and stop, obviously thinking that I'm some kind of Johnny Law responding to a call! I highly recommend them.

·
Registered
22,086 Posts
Quick, great photo, I would love to visit that part of the country sometime.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey Quicksilver,
Is that a corbin seat on there? Young guns? If so, how do you like it. I am not wild about the originaly seat...but now with some miles on it, it seems to be breaking in a bit. Eventhough i still would like a different one. What is your opinion on that seat?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts